icon

pioneer deh-p4700mp opinions?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pdiddie 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2008 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, Pioneer Deh-p4700mp what do guy's think? Any good review's or bad?
Any suggestions.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2008 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
The answer is in the question... It's a Pioneer. Wouldn't ever have one in MY car! Might as well have called it "Pyle".
Noisy, low fidelity, skip prone... Decent FM section, if that's what gets you off... NOT happy with dusty environments...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
I have a Pioneer Premier deck, and I rate is as mediocre on a good day, so I can't imagine the regular Pioneer decks are any better.
All I really want is a 32 band EQ and a hard drive... :)
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  

I love people who compare the premier lines and the standard pioneer lines.  Funny thing is they are EXACTLY the same. lol.  Same processing, same features.  We were going to carry Pile'o'neer in my store, but after looking into it, there was no advantage going premier, at least as far as the head-units are concerned.  Even the area Rep said "if you want Pioneer, stick with the regular line."  I said, "no thank you, Dual is so much better."  LOL.

jk about the dual thing.

the fat kid 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  

i like pioneer alright, but it seems like they only last me a year and then just some random problem comes up... but if you want a decent head unit for a year go for it.

go alpine.

jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2008 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=megaman]

Pile'o'neer

/QUOTE]

Did I sit on a stove, the burning pain megaman!!! lol. I'll never say that it's excellent or anything, but The menus were laid out really well at the time, and....
okay, I can't keep this up. I know, shame on me, I need to get something better, but I can't decide on what.
Again, I'd rather just have a hard drive and a 32 band EQ, lol pioneer deh-p4700mp opinions? - Last Post -- posted image.
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
daboss593 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2008 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
ive owned pioneer products for yrs and only had 1 issue the ground noise.  thats all but the audio gods have spoken. then again an idiot on here a while ago told me my japan made alpine amp was junk? i own a the model in ? and ive had no issues. stick with what works for you and what you have had no problems with dont worry about what every one else says they get on bad head unit and the whole company sells junk? i get to work in a shop pt to learn this trade and guess what....every thing from alpine to pioneer comes in fried end of story. bottom line most of it is diy people who didnt do it right. if you like the head unit go with it.
OWWWWWWWWWWW you said you discharged the cap!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic