icon

xk01 window roll up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Matrix7333 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2008 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  

Hello all, I am installing the XK01 Datalink Bypass in a 06 Escalade EXT and have a few questions.  I am trying to use the window roll up feature and according to the manual, the EXT is a Type 4 vehicle which require the relay.

http://www.xpressdownload.com/getdocument.aspx?documentid=670

However, when I wire the relay as shown, am not sure what mode I need to program the pink/white wire to.  The relay as shown as 12Volts on the leg going to the pink/white wire on the databus.  Could someone look at the mode settings on page 2 and let me know what mode 3/4 should be set to. 

I played with it for a bit and it roll my front windows up before even putting in the relay and connecting the pink/white wire.  I then connected the relay and it will roll the windows up and stop before it closes.  It also would pulse my locks at the end of the cycle while the last window is trying to roll up and it would not get up all the way.

I just need to know the corrent settng for the modes above so I can troubleshoot the rest.  I have a Codealarm CA670 and it does have a wire for window rollup so maybe this needs to be in the mix becasue all am using now is the XK01 options.

Thanks

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2008 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
Assuming the XK01 has the correct firmware, your programming will be:
1. Set vehicle type to type 4(which you seem to have already done correctly)
2. Option 3 - pink/white wire negative
3. Option 4 - pink/white wire output
4. Option 5 - window roll-up ON
Disregard the window roll-up wire from your Code Alarm piece - it wasn't designed with a data module like this in mind.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Matrix7333 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2008 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, will give that a try.
Matrix7333 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2008 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks again, that worked flawlessly.  If I can now figure out why my aftermarket remote power on my radio when I press unlock and the OEM don't, hen I will be set.

Thanks matrix7333

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic