icon

matrix 70.5 / 530t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mark 17 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2008 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, its me, same 2001 galant with a new toy to put in. I finally got the 530t and I have it mounted ,wires routed and wired to aux-6. The only thing I havent done is drop the door panels make the connections at the motors, I"ll do that in the morning.  Howie Im crossing my fingers that i wont have to open up any motors or anything crazy like that. I hope to just cut the wires and make the connections.

I do have a question as to why the 530t has larger gauge wires going out to the motors and smaller gauge wires coming in from the switches or control unit.  They are send the same amount of power to the 530t as they would be to the windows, right.  Is it because now the switch wires are only activating a relay in the 530t and not carrying the draw from the motors anymore?  well, Im taking another run at finishing it up in the morning and I'll let you know how things go.

mark 17 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2008 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
 The 530t was a success, everything works like it should.  The only thing I may need to do is install a relay between the shock sensor and control module.  when the system is armed the windows motor up to the top and set off the warning chirps, (sometimes). I will be installing a motion sensor (508d), in addition to the shock sensor soon.  Is a relay on the gray wire of the 530t the way to go? It would be opening the ground wires to both sensors for ( 4 seconds ) after arming then closing to activate them.  Am i on the right track guys, or is there a better way?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2008 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
I'm pretty sure the 508d doesn't arm for about 4 secs. Find out what's causing the chirping by removing the shock sensor. I'm using a 508d and it doesn't happen with mine. Good job on the windows, assume you got at the motor wires OK. My whole point was the driver's door panel switches stay live for about 1 minute after removing key so you don't need to do window close!
mark 17 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2008 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
What is the best way to wire up this 508d with the 70.5s existing shock sensor? They both have the same 4wire plug to the control module, so can I just splice all 4 wires into one sensor or the other?
And I will try that moving the shock sensor to stop the windows from setting off warning chirps. The 530t module is backed up against the same air duct as the shock sensor and I think when the windows get to the top and the relay in the 530 clicks off it may triggering the shock sensor.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic