icon

08 honda accord, bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ramon2001 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2008 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  

does anyone know what key bypass i'm supposed to use for the 08 honda accord? i used the dei 556uw and it turns on and then turns off. i don't know what else the problem might be. anyone with info please help. thanks

ramon
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2008 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
Bypasskit lists the PKH34 and 556U among others, so your choice isn't inherently bad. Did you use a valet key or one of the master remote keys inside the 556U?
A valet key should work with no problems. I personally wouldn't use a master key without disassembling it and looking for the transponder...there's a possibility that if you just put it directly the transponder part of it will be so far off from the antenna inside the box that it isn't picking up the signal at all.
Check to verify that you're getting good 12 volts, ground, and ground-when-running.
Check the antenna positioning around the key cylinder as well.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
ramon2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2008 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
i'm using the valet key. the engine starts and stays on ffrom anywhere of ten seconds to ten minutes. can't never really tell. when it cuts off i hear the 556uw click. i replaced with new one and same issue. i will use pkh34. thanks.
ramon
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 16, 2008 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
I'm pretty sure PKH34 doesn't work on the newest Hondas. They said it did, wasted a lot of our time, and we had to take them out.
Does their site still list the PKH34? I thought you could only use an XK05 now.
Anyway, ramon2001,
If the car starts at all, it's not the bypass. Once the remote start starts the car and it's running, you could unplug your bypass module, and it wouldn't make any difference.
What kind of remote starter are you using?
Are you using tachometer or voltage sensing?
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2008 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
Agreed with Chris Luongo - and I should have thought of it in the first place that a Honda would crank but not start if it didn't see a correct key signal when the ignition powered on.
Definitely a tach or voltage sensing issue.
Also, if Chris would elaborate on what problems the PKH34 had? Didn't think the PKH4 firmware on the XK05 would be different.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
AirWaveGT 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2008 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
I'm pretty sure PKH34 doesn't work on the newest Hondas. They said it did, wasted a lot of our time, and we had to take them out.
Does their site still list the PKH34? I thought you could only use an XK05 now.
Anyway, ramon2001,
If the car starts at all, it's not the bypass. Once the remote start starts the car and it's running, you could unplug your bypass module, and it wouldn't make any difference.
What kind of remote starter are you using?
Are you using tachometer or voltage sensing?
we use the pkh34 on all the new hondas and it works fine
ramon2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2008 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

the carbine start2-plus was installed and i did notice that there isn't anything tapped into the injector wire for the tach. i have never used carbine and i dont have an install guide.don't know which one is the tach wire coming out of the alarm. if you know, will you please let me know which one is the wire color. thank you.

ramon
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 18, 2008 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  

it may not go to an injector but the tach test plug or any other point in the vehicle.... i had a few Hondas and Acuras that were very finnicky... the RMP would ramp up or down  while running and the R/S would shut down sensing an over/under rev.... usually i program these then for voltage sense....

as already mentioned if it starts fine and runs more than 2-3 seconds it is not a bypass issue......

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
ramon2001 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2008 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
where can i find the tach test plug? it's an 08 honda accord. the wiring diagram indicates to get from a coil or injector. don't know what to do?
ramon

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic