Posted: October 16, 2008 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
true, true. i see what you mean.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2008 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:

enice wrote:
LOL funny how he automatically thinks the Alarm is fried.......Yes, Lock, Unlock, Lock with the door open will bring everything back to normal.

ahhh, cmon, man. thats not cool. i mean....thats why he's here asking us right? he just didnt know and he's looking for some help from someone who does. none of us were just "born" knowing any of this, or just got it through reverse osmosis or something.

I don't know about you, but as for me, Velocity Motors, howie ii, KarTuneMan, tedmond, I_am_an_idiot, KPierson, and the12volt, we actually did know this stuff straight out of the womb. 91 honda civic, viper, remote start? - Page 2 -- posted image.
Feel free to whip me if I forgot anyone!
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
ls/vtec 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2008 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

I have a viper alarm, and put door lock actuators into my car because it originally came with manual door locks. I wired em up to the alar(only 2 wires for each door, blue and green. One to unlock. And one to lock)

I hooked em up mounted em and they work great. How ever a local shop told me that it wouldn't work without relays. And it seems to work fine without em. They also told me it could burn out my alarm without relays. Is this true?   Thanks for any help!!!!

ls/vtec 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2008 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
enice wrote:

Well, if you think about it "fried" to me means nothing works as in burned.  He mentioned his door locks worked and the LED was on.  On top of that you probably can do a SEARCH on the LED constant all the time and find the answer to his question.  Either way it is funny.

If all you are gonna say is negative opinions. Then i'd rather not you give your opinion. Im new to this stuff and don't claim I know everything about it. I figured this would be the place to ask because it's got all the info/ people with experience to help. I did google search it and it kep saying "alarm fried". I did do the unlock/lock combo and it worked fine! Thanks for the help!!!!!

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2008 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  

As it happens I was born to  this, along with a drip into my right arm with hot sugary tea and a packet of Kent deluxe sitting in the top tray of my tool box, darn people coming back from Eastern Europe or the Middle East have to buy them for me now 'cause you can't get them here or the US and I hate European Marlboros, anyway I've digressed as usual, Enice was right as usual but didn't take into account the fact that it was an old alarm lying around and you probably didn't have a manual:- except how did you know how to connect it without a manual and if you had one why were you asking the question ref Valet Mode in the first place? RTFM Don't know this unit but if it had 6 lock output wires,2 fused from 12volts perm, 2 to ground and 2 to the locks, you have 2 relay driven lock outputs on the alarm anyway and won't need any relays. Why is the 2nd rookie question always about relays? Yes if you only had 2 wires and no separate lock relay, the locking simply wouldn't work . With regards to your original question there are three answers here.

A) You might have connected to tach but have you tested or programmed for it?

B) An extra ignition wire you missed out/

C) Set the run time on programming?

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic