icon

amp for boston acoustics g5 10 dvc sub?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
twosevennine 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2008 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  
I recently bought the Boston Acoustics G5 10" dvc sub, and am not sure what amp to pair it with. My price limit is 200$. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also, how do i wire this thing its supposed to be dvc but i dont see the second coil??
jayson33 
Copper - Posts: 165
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2008 at 5:29 AM / IP Logged  

It will be hard to find a Good amp for 200.00 but I have heard good things about crossfire. SoundStream has

a 400 watt 2 channel for a little over 200 its there new Piccsao series But thats a killer sub insane bass

almost  as good as Cerin-Vega.lol

My wife thinks bagging a truck means you kick it in the truck nuts
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2008 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
I believe the BA G5 is SVC 4-ohm.  Look for an amplifier in the 400-500 watt into 4-ohms range.
Support the12volt.com
wildcatlax15 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
Boston sells two kinds of subs, either a single 4 ohm voice coil or dual 4 ohm voice coil. If you got the dual 4 ohm you will want to find an amp that is around 400 to 500 watts @ 2 ohms. And if you got the single 4 ohm voice coil you want an amp that around 400 to 500 watts at 4 ohm. You best bet for your price range is to go to Millionbuy.com and look at power acoustik amps, if you find one you like you can get a free amp wiring kit with it. Just look and find one that is the right amount of watts rms at the right ohm and you should be set. They may be very cheap in price but I have one pushing 2 12" G5's and they are the loudest subs I have heard in a long long time.
twosevennine 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
It says it is DVC but unlike my other image dynamic subs it only has one set of terminals. How would i wire it to two ohms?
Thanks guys for the amp recommendations i appreciate it. I was also looking at the Alpine mrb m500 does anyone have any experience this this amp? Also, how big of a difference would the sound be between a higher end amp and say a sony xplod amp or kenwood, ect?
I have a kenwood kac8103d and its a nice amp from what i know but ive never really heard anything else....
wildcatlax15 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
If you look at the sub where there should be two fuses, if they're both in there it will be wired at 2 ohm already and if you take them both out and put just one in the middle it will be a 8 ohm load. That's what so nice about the Boston subs, instead of actually wiring the subs with wires they use fuses so its a simple as changing which you want. As long as they both are in just wire the positive terminal to the positive on the amp and negative to negative and it will be a 2 ohm load on the amp. It's confusing but just remember as long as both fuses are in you will need a 2 ohm amp around the 450 watts rms and if you leave one fuse in the middle you need a 8 ohm amp but since the 8 ohm amps are so rare I'd stick with the 2 ohm load with both fuses in. Any questions, feel free to ask.
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2008 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

The MRB-M500 will be perfect for this sub.

The G5104 is S4 (single 4ohm) and the G51044 is D4 (dual 4ohm).

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic