icon

quadcab ram setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
elemen0hpey 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2008 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
I just registered to this site and its my first post.. just want to let you guys know that these are by far the best car audio forums ive come across so far. keep up the good work boys
I have a ram quad cab and this is what I'm looking to put in but i have some questions and concerns...
HU: Alpine 9856 (from my old truck)
Clarion 7 band equalizer
Highs Amp: Alpine F600
Fronts : 6.5" Alpine Type - R Components
Rear : 6.5" Alpine Type - R Coaxials
Subs Amp : Alpine M1000 or Alpine PDX 1.1000 or Hifonics 1608d
Subs: 2) Alpine 1222's OR 1242s?
Box : Ground Shaker dual sealed 12" box that fits under the back seat.
the box has 1.85 ft3 total volume
1) Will one of these alpine sub amps be powerful enough to properly power 2 of these 12s or should i get the hifonics amp? I want the subs to be properly powered but i also want them to sound good, so the amp quality is important to me.
2)Do i get dual 2 ohm, or dual 4 ohm subs? the last thing i want to do is under power the subwoofers with an amp that will only be putting out 200watts per sub.
3)Due to the small volume of the sub box.. should i go with 2) 10s instead? or stick with 12s
Appreciate the help guys
hello
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 25, 2008 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  

That PDX would reeeeeely work well with a pair of 10's specially if you can keep the air space UP at that 1.85ft.

Dual 2ohm wired series/parallel gives you the desired 2 ohm load. rock-n-roll......quadcab ram setup -- posted image.

jayson33 
Copper - Posts: 165
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2008 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  

Hifonics and quality amp should not be used I the same post. lol thats my advise I have the Alpine amp

in my wifes car it is BAD*** amp and it sounds great.(PDX)

My wife thinks bagging a truck means you kick it in the truck nuts
elemen0hpey 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2008 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
Ive heard that a couple times about going down to 10s but I dont understand why.. wouldnt i want the subs that push more air?
hello
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2008 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
The problem is the air-space inside the box.  If it's too small for 12's, 10's sound better.  A lot of people think "well, they're bigger so they're louder," which of course if both are given the correct air-space, then yes, 12's are louder than 10's.  However, in this scenario, you have a fixed amount of air-space to use, and it's too small for 12's.
elemen0hpey 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2008 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
i gotcha.. does anyone have an opinion on the alpine M1000? I'd love to get that pdx but its a lot more money
hello
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2008 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
DO the pdx, it is a more suitable amp to the application. I would also eliminate the EQ. If you think you need a outboard EQ, then it is time to re-evaluate your speakers or head unit. A simple upgrade would be a Eclipse cd player and it would deliver far superior tonal results that would bring the balance of your system to life. Hifonics = merde and we are talking about the kind you find on the pig farm......
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
elemen0hpey 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2008 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
I have my old kenwood excelon kac x542.. it got great reviews in car audio magazine.. would this amp put out enough juice to power the type-r components and coaxials? its rated at 124w x 4 @ 2ohm.. 67w x 4 @ 4 ohms
hello
elemen0hpey 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2008 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
bump anyone
hello
whiterob 
Copper - Posts: 351
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2008 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
Does that box even have enough mounting depth for your subs. From what I remember the subs are like 6-7 inches deep and the Dodge has pratically no room mounting depth wise.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic