sub placement, direction in x5, jl 10w6

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tcwave 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2008 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Guys,

I am making a "semi-stealth" box for my X5.  The box will be in the rear passenger side of the car.  I am useing the deadspace behind a rear side panel (that's where they put the JL and BSW stealthbox), however, mine will be a little different in that it will protrude a few inches into the trunk space. (given the depth of the JL10w6)  .  Not that it matters to my question, but I am powering this by a JL 500/1.

I have an option of having:

1.  The sub face the opposite side of the vehicle (basically the drivers side rear compartment)

2.  The sub tilted upward at about a 40 degree angle, but facing the oppoite side of the vehicle

3.  The sub tilteld downward at about a 25 degree angle, facing the opposite side of vehicle

4.  The sub tilted up/down & tilted to face the drivers side backseat.  Bascially, pointing more toward the front of the vehicle.

Which do you think would give best sound quality?  (FYI...the JL and BSW steathboxs use option 1)

Thanks,

TC

tcwave 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2008 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Guys, 

obvioulsy lots of previous posts on this topic and have gone through a ton of them.  I also went through that "installer.com" tech article on sub placement.  

My conclusion is that it will be best to aim the sub toward the back window/door of the truck.   Does that sound right to you guys?   Mine will end up being at about a 110 degree angle to the tailgate.  My only concern is that most of the articles/posts I read had their subs a couple feet or more from the tailgate, where mine will only be about 12-18".   Think this will be ok?

Thanks,

TC

frozenuts 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2008 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
I have built boxes that have the subs a few inches away from the tailgate with no customer complaints.
all bad things come in moderation. do not shop at fry's. Get your own log in Omar.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic