icon

all of sudden im getting engine whine

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snhtown 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2008 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
 i checked all the cnnections at the amp, ground and battery and they are tight. i checked the rca's and they arnt running alongside any power wires, they cross each other but they were like this before. i hooked everything up a couple months ago and everything worked great until last night when my speaker box hit the fuse on my mid amp the broke the fuse. so today i took the fuse off my sub amp and turned on my mid/highs amp and the noise was there. everything was fine before yesterday.  i checked everything, still the noise. so i hooked up a differnt amp thinking something else happened to theamp and the noise is still there. so now im completly loss. i never had this problem before with this equipment.  there might have been a chance the back of my door speakers touched some metal but would this cause this noise? if it helps i have alpine type x 6.5's for the doors and im using a zapco amp to power them. i then tried a macintosh amp. anyone have any ideas whats going on?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 26, 2008 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have a Pioneer radio?   If so Try This
frozenuts 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2008 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  

If you sub box is flying around your trunk hard enough to break the fuse on the amp,  you could have broken something else too.

Once you figure out the problem, please go buy some "L" brackets and secure your sub...and look before you screw. True for many things in life actually... You don't want to be like the guy from the bay area that had his buddy try to relocate the plate on his moto and put about 6 holes in his ecu...

all bad things come in moderation. do not shop at fry's. Get your own log in Omar.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2008 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  

snhtown wrote:
 last night when my speaker box hit the fuse on my mid amp the broke the fuse. ?

Huh?  Well duh, man, if things are flying around and hitting each other you can't plan on any of your gear working right.  This is called, my friend, a ghetto install. all of sudden im getting engine whine -- posted image.  Install it correctly or get your vehicle to a professional shop for help.  Then maybe we can help you figure out what else you've destroyed.

Support the12volt.com
snhtown 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2008 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
yea no doodie exactly same thing i call it. since yall jump to conclusions i should have explained even more. the reason the box is not straped down is because i am in the process of trying to decide how i want my subs placed. so yea i should have spent the extra 5 mins bracking the box down, but instead now i have to spend the extra 10$ buying a new fuse.
i am an idiot 
Posted: September 27, 2008 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have a Pioneer deck?   Did you get rid of the noise?
snhtown 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2008 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
yes i have a pioneer deck. im going to look at all the wires and see if something is pinched somewhere and then if all else fails i'll try the rca thing. what is bothering me is that this happened all of sudden after i had everything installed for a while. dosnt noise like this start right away when you first hook everything up?
snhtown 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2008 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
its the radio.i ran a new rca wire from the radio to the amp. still noise. i ran new spaker wire from the amp to the speakers. i ran a new remote wire. still noise. i rechecked all the wires for nics.  then i thought i would try hooking the rca's to the sub woofer output onthe back of the amp. still noise. then on the other side of the radio there are a pair of rca wires for the rear output. the sw and the front output are plug ins on the back of the radio vs wires for the rear....so when i hook the rca's to the rear output the noise is gone. so the problem is here. do you think grounding the rca's as described above would work? or should i just get a new radio?
i am an idiot 
Posted: September 28, 2008 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  

Yes grounding the cable as described in the procedure I posted will get rid of the noise.  It is up to you to decide if you want to shell out the money for a new deck.

snhtown 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2008 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
i tried it and the wine is gone. thanks idiot :)
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic