Solid Blue Light Problem, Orbit Car Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oilers 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2008 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and i have a problem with my car alarm/remote starter. Here is as much info as i can provide (my car is a 2004 BMW 330ci):

i had a bad driver side door switch/lock. With the remote it wouldn't unlock that door but it did lock it. And locked and unlocked the passenger door.

so my mechanic changed my door switch. now after switching it my blue light on my windshield doesn't flash when the car is off. it is a solid blue. all the locks work properly. but the light is always solid when off and should be flashing when the car is off.
also, i tried my remote starter for the 1st time since he changed the door switch and it doesn't work.

as for make and model of the alarm/remote starter. the car is a 2004. i bought it used in 2006. so i do not have any manuals. i do not know a brand or model. but on the front windshield near the top, the part where the blue light is. on this piece there is a number, maybe a part number, maybe it is a model number. the number is: FM 433-100. not sure if that helps.

also, the way my remote key chain starter looks: the remote is a silver colour. button at the bottom says Orbit on it and when you push it a little light for a flashlight turns on. above that button is the trunk button and remote starter button. remote starter button has a lightning bolt on it. then on top of those two buttons is the door lock and unlock buttons.

if you need me to describe the alarm remote shape, sort of rounded at the edges, and has a piece sticking out at the end, sort of like an antenna. not sure how to describe. hopefully the above is enough. and my alarm has no sound, never did since i've had it. when i activate or deactivate, i've never heard a noise.

Can anyone help me please. someone i spoke to mentioned it may be in valet mode, if that is true how do i get it out of that mode, i don't have manuals or model of my alarm.

Thanks,

Dan

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2008 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  
You are in Valet Mode, find the brain of the alarm, there will be make model etc on the brain.
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2008 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  

Try this...

Hold the unlock & start/stop buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds, the parking lights should flash 2 times and the led on the antenna should go out.

Try remote start to see if it works

oilers 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2008 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys for the info, i'll give it a try.

Hey Moonliter, after i hold the unlock and start/stop (remote starter button) for 3 seconds. if that works and the light goes out and the starter works. will everything else still work. Will the light flash after i lock the doors and everything be back to normal???

oilers 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2008 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  

hey moonliter, thanks alot. what you said worked. everything is working fine now.

Much appreciated to everyone else for trying to help as well.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic