icon

ford oem/code alarm units

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tophatjimmy 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2008 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
My shop is thinking of contracting with the local Ford dealer to install all of their OEM remote starts and alarms.
Is Ford using the new model Code Alarms or are they still using the older brick sized pieces of crap?
Just trying to get a jump start on what I'm gonna be doing all winter...
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2008 at 4:52 AM / IP Logged  
the new codes that are start only are plug and play. i have one on my explorer- actually works pretty well. very suprising
ninno 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2008 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
do you have a wiring diagram for these new ones, i saw a new r/s only unit today, and there seems to be a lot to it, including a couple relays with harnesses atached also the brain has a bunch of pins on top instead of the side. any more info on these. i read somewhere the are a 3 part install, what are the 3 parts?
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2008 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
i like the new ford remote starts i install them at work   the new start onlys are really easy plug and plug ingition harness 1 hour and done usually   as far as 3 part im not sure what your refering to    ford offers all of the diagrams for these kits   i have them all let me know what you are looking for   the new pins inside are for unlock sense , door trigger , key sense not sure what the last one is for as ive never had to move it
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
ninno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2008 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  

the local ford sales manager wants a start only unit installed on his ford edge, so he showed me the unit they carry. it did not have any instructions in the box, so i couldnt tell how to connect one. ive done alot of remote start units all different brand, and this oem ford code alarm unit loos totally different. i guess because there were harneses in the box with no open ends, thus i figured plug and play.

the manager want me to install one of my units at a cheaper price because i didnt want to use the ford oem one, basically because there were no instructions. $250(starting price before he wanted me to lower it) with me supplying audiovox start only unit and a pats bypass, or $100( labor only) if he supllies oem unit and bypass.

i guess the 3 parts im talking about was, 1. start unit  2. pats bypass  3. ?????.  a seller on ebay sells the oem units and stated there are 2 other parts needed to connect one.

if you dont mind will you post up a link to the oem start only units instructions. in the box was a couple of pre-wired relays, and some other harneses i didnt recognize.

thanks for all your help.

chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2008 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
the ford edge uses the new ford 7L2Z-19G364-AA kit thats ford parts numbers along with a PIK4 # 7L2Z-19G364-AA which should come in the box with the remote start kit you need to keys two program that   i dont know how to add the link but if you go to techservices.codesystems.com and make a name and password they have all the ford stuff on there   its free
ninno 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2008 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
thanks. theres alot of good info there.
chev104275 
Posted: December 09, 2008 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
No problem

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic