icon

791xv scion tc problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
raab3485 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2008 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
I'm putting a 791XV in an 09 Scion tC and I'm having 1 problem. I have used the immobilizer bypass, and wired it up correctly, but when I activate the remote start, the starter cranks, but the car won't start. I have tried using both tach sense and voltage sense, reprogrammed the bypass module, re-learned the tach, all to no avail. It just cranks and won't start up. I have been installing remote starts for several years now, so they aren't anything new to me, but this one honestly has me stumped. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.
raab3485 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2008 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, a little more info. I am using the Directed XK05 module for the bypass, and I have found that if i put my key into the ignition and then remote start, everything works fine, however if the key is not in the ignition, it just cranks and cranks. I have double checked my connections for the XK05 module, I'm beginning to wonder if it is a bad module.
jmsounds 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2008 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
it is the module  i notice everyone use the same bypass kits hk05 i'been using crimestopper keyoveride sl2 is so easy to conect and never had any problems 
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2008 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
make sure you soldered the imi/imo wires, connected the ignition input directly to ignition, AT the ign harness, and grounded at a kick panel after shaving away paint (and i would recommend a star washer). These modules are VERY picky, if you have your ign and ground 100% and your imi/imo wires are soldered it should work. I've done a few of these cars with that particular bypass and no problems. Your wires wont be long enough to go to everything from the glove box so you may need to solder on some more.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2008 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
Agreed with the others...the XK05 shouldn't be a problem as long as you extend your wires correctly. Of course that begs the question "Why don't I just use a competitor's product which connects at the immobilizer receiver and not at the ECM on the passenger side?". The answer is sort of obvious if you have a choice in advance.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic