clifford arrow 5 + callguard 2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
anewman 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2008 at 4:12 AM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone,
I'm just planning an installation and have drawn up a diagram. Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or could spot any problems in my diagram.
Idea of the installation is the following messages are sent:
- if someone opens a door, boot or bonnet - "input 1 activated"
- if movement (shock or tilt) is detected (excluding warn away)- "input 2 activated"
- if the internal proximity sensor is triggered (excluding warn away) - "input 3 activated"
Plan is then the sensor disable mode on the alarm can be used avoiding the kids messing with the car to set the alarm off problem I seem to have. If the siren is activated, warn away could be reported from input 4 and the full alarm ignored.
Pulsed output 3 can be used to unlock the car in the event of lost keys, or leaving them inside the car. Latched output 4 can be used to disable fuel pump if car jacked. (Both unlikely to happen but never say never I guess).
Thanks in advance clifford arrow 5 + callguard 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
clifford arrow 5 + callguard 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2008 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
If you connect the door locks you won't need the pulsed or momentary which is the correct expression to do the locks. Why an Arrow 5? You'd be better off using a Viper 1002, Secondly don't use the tilt, it false alarms, also the outer prox makes the shock redundant although it(the 1002) has a built in shock sensor. ALL THOSE SENSORS ARE OVER THE TOP AND WILL GIVE YOU MULTIPLE FALSE ALARMS.
anewman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2008 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
Bought the Arrow 5 a year ago unfortunately. Wish I'd have asked here first as the Viper 1002 looks so much better feature-wise at little more cost. I should have pointed out in the first post I'm a bit of a noobie to all this stuff.
Tilt sensor was only £5 off ebay so couldn't resist. Thought was if someone was to try letting the tyres down it would go off, but being so cheap I could happily do without it if more likely to cause annoyance - although I did read on this forum most people's issues were resolved by decreasing the sensitivity and increasing the time delay.
So just just shock and prox?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2008 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
Yes just shock and prox, also I'm using a 508d and frankly I keep the outer zone turned off most of the time. It works perfectly on set-up but park in a British street then wait for that bus to pass by. Your phone bills are going to go thru the roof with the number of times call-guard calls you. I've installed the older 950s when within 40 secs it would be firing off, in the end I just threw away the tilt sensors. The older  G4 shock sensors were better because they were more expensive. There's a lesson there. Also by the time the shock sensor is actuated, the outer zone of the 508d (place in roof lining halfway back and extend the cables if neccessary) would already have triggered off so I don't see the sense of using one.
anewman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2008 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
On looking I think it will be more difficult to install it in the roof lining, rather than under the carpet. Is it really much better in the roof?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2008 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
What car is it? Works better in roof usually.
anewman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2008 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
Car is a Skoda Favorit clifford arrow 5 + callguard 2 - Last Post -- posted image. clifford arrow 5 + callguard 2 - Last Post -- posted image. which pulls to pieces quite easy. I assume I simply need to peel back the headliner with whatever glue they've used to keep the edges in place.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic