icon

clifford matrix 3.3, 1993 s10 blazer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jshultz 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2008 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
I'm about to put an alarm on my 1993 4 door s10 blazer, and going by the audiovox tech site it has positive pulse door locks, am I going to have to go straight to the driver's motor to do the driver's door priority unlock? If so, anyone have a diagram on how I need to do it?
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2008 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
yes, you will need to go straight to that door, but, in this case because of the make and model you are working with you can get the wire you need in the driver side kick panel. it is a heavier black wire and will test 12v in the unlock position. using a relay connect term 86 to 12v, connect term 87 to 12v, cut the black motor unlock wire, connect the side that goes into the door to the motor itself to term 30, connect term 87a to the other side, connect term 85 to the driver door priority output of you alarm and you are set. clifford matrix 3.3, 1993 s10 blazer - Last Post -- posted image.
jshultz 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed the clifford matrix rsx 3.3, the alarm works fine, but when I try to remote start it gives the error message of the BLACK/ white neutral safety wire is not getting ground, which is bs because I've tried grounding it in 3 places including straight to the battery, any ideas why it's doing this?
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  

LOL, what the alarm is telling you is BS????

Please state the Year, Make, and Model and if its a manual transmission vehicle or automatic.

First-----If its an automatic, did you change the alarm to automatic mode??? The Clifford module comes in manual mode(needs to be switched if automatic)

Second-----The alarm has 2 neutral safety inputs.  Did you check both????  One has a switch attached to it and the other is on another harness.  It should be grounded or connected to the emergency brake wire(if a manual transmission vehicle) and needs to see a constant ground in order for it to engage.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  

The alarm may be smarter than you think, the wire that you grounded in 3 different places, maybe the alarm knows you grounded it without actually connecting it to the switch.  Maybe it needs to be connected to the switch, it seeing ground all the time might let it know tha it is not connected to the switch.

jshultz 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2008 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
heh, yeah well I forgot about the toggle swich. I'm not used to cliffords, all I've ever installed are autopage which doesn't have the plug in switch.
I do have another question, The only place I can get a good flat surface to mount it since it has the built in shock sensor, is under the front center console, directly on the transmission hump, but it gets pretty warm, besides the cabin temp. sensor not reading right by mounting it there, will I have any other problems?
It's a 93 s-10 blazer
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 4:34 AM / IP Logged  
It doesn't need a flat surface. That's why one has cable ties, firmly cable tied behind the dash to a loom and/ or an existing fixing hole would do the trick. The shock sensor needs to be in a stable position to start with, angle not so important.
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
do not hard mount the brain on a flat surface.  The shock sensor will be wayyyy too sensitive and will be extremely difficult to set properly.  Zip tied to a large loom is the way to go.  Even though the brain is the size of most buicks.
jshultz 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
I have the clifford matrix rsx 3.3, and I'm wanting to add a motion sensor. I have an old ungo dual stage motion sensor that hard wires in, (if I can find it), which wires would I need to tap on the alarm? and if I decide to go with the 508d, would it just be a plug and play operation? I really just want the warn away zone, which wires would I cut on the harness if I get the 508d?
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
the 3.3x has a built in shock sensor and an extra port for optional accessories like a motion detector. the 508d will plug right in. it has 2 seperate adjustments for warn away and instant trigger. just turn the sensitivity all the way down on instant trigger and you'll have just your warn away you want. the 508d goes for $79 at my shop but you could probably find one online for about $30. its well worth the easy install

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic