icon

new setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
memfus_boi 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2008 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  
i have the pioneer avh-40000 dvd, eclipse 4 channel, mtx 1501d, and (2) mtx 9500 15". I plan on adding 2 more mtx 9500's and another amp. The question is what should i upgrade, get 2 alternators?, or 1 good one?.....i plan on adding 2 more yellow tops which makes 3 in all, what do think?
If I'm to loud, then you're too old!!!
bumpinexploder 
Copper - Posts: 265
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  

depends on what your stock alt was? and how may amperes your amps pull? how big is the fuse rating on the amps?

Example. if your stock alt was 100 amps then it was using around 80 to run JUST the car features without the extra car audio running. usually the car usses about 80% of current to run just the car. now if your mtx amp has a 200 amp fuse rating then your total for everything is 280 amps. now you NEED to have at least somewhere near 250 amp alt with your extra batterys. could get 300 but very expensive and may need to redo some engine mounts and what not. (NOT needed)

BUT if you get another amp then you will have 400 amperes pulling full throttle on your alternator, (assuming your amps are 200 amp fuse rated) since theres no 500 amp alternator then 2 200s should do just fine with your extra batterys. hope this helps.

Pioneer DEH-400UB
Kicker 150.2 mids/highs amp
MB Quart fsa 216 front stage
AudioPipe gd-6001 mono amp
AUDIOQUE SD 15S PREFAB BOX!
C&D Technologies Battery, 1500 CCA, 134 amp storage
149.5 DB's

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic