the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001 lexus ls430

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
meh66 
Copper - Posts: 266
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2008 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  

Does anyone know the specs for the factory sub for this vehicle. I know it is an 8 inch sub, but I need to know the ohms, brand name and the watts it can handle. I am trying to replace it, but not trying to pay a dealer over 400 bucks for one.

MEH66
"Car Performance and Mobile Electronic Enthusiats"
meh66 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2008 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
I measured 13.3 ohms  on a red and black wire at the back of woofer in this vehicle. However, the ciruit diagram calls for 4 wires (blue, blk, lt. grn, and yellow). I think the sub has two voice coils and each of them are 8 ohms as I have nor taken it completely out as of yet.  According to the diagram, the only  red and black wire I see is labeled on the  diagram as MR +, ML+, MR-, and ML-...these went from the stereo component turner to the factory amp..I am not sure what they mean. I read somewhere the woofer in these cars are around 40 watts rms. Does anyone know what the MR and ML stands for and where I could get a nice dual voice coil 8 ohm speaker with about 40 watts rms?
MEH66
meh66 
Posted: October 07, 2008 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
Update: Here is what I found out about the MR and ML...

A method for controlling a frequency converter having multi-phase output is disclosed and a frequency converter for applying the method. In order to achieve a good waveform the currents of the frequency converter are controlled via modulation in such manner that the current modulation periods of each phase are interlaced with the modulation periods of the other phases.

MEH66

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic