icon

06 tahoe dome light wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
weegazst 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2008 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
Working on an 06' Chevy Tahoe and installing overhead monitor. Looking for dome light wire with positive or negative trigger. Also if possible would like to remove rear climate controls and use existing spot for the monitor.
azst
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2008 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
Keep in mind in the newer GM's including your tahoe, the dome light is BCM controled so you may have to run a relay for the new dome lights.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 04, 2008 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
Grey/black at the domelight (positive).  The BCM could care less wheter it is powering an OEM bulb or one in an aftermarket TV.    If the AC unit does not work with the Rear control unit plugged in, find the wires in the B Pillar, unstick the wires from the headliner, and place the controls inside the opening of the b pillar.
weegazst 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2008 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks, but I read that if you use any of those wires the BCM will trip. I also read that the black grey wire you mentioned could only be found in the drivers side door control panel. I did try unhooking the A/C controls but then the front controls wont work. I think they are somehow completing a circuit so I will just use your advice n tuck the rear controls above in the plastic that was used to hold the controls.

I also read how some are using relays that buzz after hooking them up inline with the trigger from the dome light. Then you would have to diode isolate and use a capacitor. Alot of variables on this would be easy task.

I went straight to batt for constant and I taped Ign. 1 at fuse box on drivers side and seems to be working fine so far.

azst
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2008 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
Not true, i use the gray/black for domelight all the time and it works fine. No relay needed, as long as your DVD has a positive input for it. It will not harm the BCM in any way....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

i am an idiot and Mike M2 are absolutely correct. the BLACK/ white wire is a positive output wire. it is only "triggered" in conjuction with the bcm. if there is an exsisting dome light there using it, what diffirence does it make if you disconnect it and connect it to a different light? a light is a light.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  

We said Grey/Black   I have no idea about a BLACK/ White wire.

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  

ooops, my bad. grey/black

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic