icon

dc and razor subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
I went to two different shops today with my mind set on buying some Kicker  subs.  Neither shop likes Kicker. The first one sells Razor (and some other brands) and were telling me how great they were. The second was bragging about the DC subs. I've never heard either one of them in a car until today and the DC setup I heard wasn't that impressive, espically for the cost. The Razor's were not installed, so I couldn't listen to them. I'm not looking to enter any contests. I just want good, clean bass. Has anybody heard either of these subs before? The DC looked good, it could've been the install. 
'85 Toy
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
Never heard of either of those brands.
supradude 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
The DC subs have a website that I looked at, but the Razor's don't. I remember a long time ago there was a sub named Ground Zero that the DC's remind me of.
'85 Toy
i am an idiot 
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  

A Website does not mean that they build a quality product.

http://www.kirschloudspeakers.com/products/index.php

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
Razor is a private-label Chinese brand that I believe is manufactured by the Anaba Group (Visonik, MA Audio, Cliff,, etc.)  DC Sound Lab is another private label brand, but they seem to come out of the Philippines and I can't find out who actually makes them.  I would pass on both.
Support the12volt.com
supradude 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info.
'85 Toy
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
A Website does not mean that they build a quality product.
http://www.kirschloudspeakers.com/products/index.php
That is a fantastic example! Wow... those are CHEEEEZY looking products! dc and razor subs -- posted image. Almost makes me want to curl up with some crackers, beer, and a good football game!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
i am an idiot 
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  

They were selling those out of the back of vans here, stating that they had too many on the truck when delivering to Circuit City, and they just wanted to get rid of them so they would not get in trouble for putting too many on the truck.  They were getting 500 dollars for the pair.  They would tell people how much they sold for, people were calling friends at home and checking the internet for reatil price.  They were HAPPY to pay 500 dollars for 3000 dollar speakers.  You think they LOOK cheesy, You ought to hear them.   And as of now, every Pawn Shop in town has at least a couple pair of them on their shelf, they too are outrageously priced.  I am sure that the owners of the speakers became the salesman in the van, saying hey man these things sell for 3000 dollars, get on the internet and check out their website.

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
I've heard that story before... I even know somebody who bought a 5 channel surround setup from the "White Van Guys". Did some "research" on the white van guys a few years ago, and tripped across a phrase/word that has stuck with me since:
"I got ganked by the white van guys..."
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
i am an idiot 
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
I edited my last after you posted yours.   Check out the last line about the Pawn Shops.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic