icon

remote start with factory remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2008 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
Mike your last comment should be posted at the top of this page, I've got to the stage where anything German after 04 gets me running in the opposite direction, had a 2006 A4 Cabriolet in recently, wanted to protect his wheels, spent an hour getting into the driver's kickwell (kickwell to back of door was one piece) to discover door loom was 2 x cans, speakers and 12v+ perm ignition and ground, then I noticed at lower part of door were 2 switches, one to turn on/off interior (prox) sensor, the other tilt sensor all OEM, he never knew he had them. Yes I did charge for the wasted time.
13 volts 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2008 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
The best way to remote start a MB or any other european car that has the LED key is to buy or adopt a spider monkey and have it live in your car. Have a remote to activate the monkey and he will insert your key and start the car. You might have to get a new monkey every month in the winter since the extreme cold will take him/her out of the picture. Sorta like the monkey in the trunk alarm system. IM KIDDING!!!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2008 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
13 volts? They've obviously charged you by now.
stevensti 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2008 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  

Chris Luongo wrote:
1. You probably have two (or more) keys, right? Start the car with one key, leave it running, and then press the buttons on the other one.
I'm pretty sure your factory remotes don't work with the car running. If you put a remote start on the factory remotes, keep in mind you'll be forced to unlock the door by hand, with the key, when the engine is running.
2. Using the factory remotes for remote start limits your range to whatever you have now. Can you operate the factory remote from inside your home?
3. Does that Mercedes have real metal (switchblade-style) keys, or is a plastic nub you just stick into a simulated "keyhole" on the dash?
If it's a regular metal key, you'll still pay a lot, but it's doable.
If it's got that laser key, I've met plenty of people who've said "my friend's friend" did one, but I've never seen one of those cars in person with a successfully installed remote starter.

Yes, i have 2 Keys both are the key pads with the slot for the keys and i can lock/unlock the vehicle from inside my house with out going to the window. the key pad it self goes into where to key should at the ignition behind the steering wheel.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic