icon

opinions on planet audio bb subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
No1stunna 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2008 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
I was considering buying a pair of planet audio big bang series subs and I have only found 1 review so far. the specs look great but I am weary of the newer stuff, does anyone have experience with these? they will be powered by an old school fosgate 500.2 (500 rms per ch.) looking for a nice mix of sq and spl, no competitions or anything.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 08, 2008 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
Why are you worried about "the newer stuff"? The sub gets really loud and has decent SQ. And it comes with a 3 year warranty if installed by the dealer so you shouldn't have to worry. Planet Audio is one of the best companies we have worked with in getting warranty replacements taken care of.
No1stunna 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2008 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  

I am always concerned with buying newer , manufactured overseas products from a company that used to be hand made in usa. But that is why I asked of peoples opinions...If I can get testimonial that they are still a great product then I'll try them. What I am trying to figure out is if they are comparable to other subs in the pricerange and if they really perform like the specs say (12hz-350hz, 92+ eff.) and if they are more of an sq sub or built more for spl. thanks for the quick reply.

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 08, 2008 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
Planet Audio Big Bang subs are very good performers for their price.
If done right the subs can take more than the rated power handling. Customer Service and warranty are one of the best
Don't look at the spl specs or the frequency response spec. Those mean nothing. The enclosure is most important. As for the high end response you'll never properly low pass a subwoofer above ~80Hz anyways.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic