icon

05 f350 door lock problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2008 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  

ok my friend, ive run into this before. i just had you do what i said to see if it was gonna be the same thing i had to do before. send me a private message and ill give you the solution.

moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2008 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
joch1314 wrote:

alright...tried what you said and this is what i get!  Ready for this......

Unlock relay 87a hooked to ground and regular 5 wire.  It unlocks them with the alarm remote and they reverse on the switch.  (unlock on the switch locks them).....lock fails on the switch

Lock relay 87a hooked to ground and regular 5 wire.  It locks them with the alarm remote and they reverse on the switch.  (lock on the switch unlocks them)......unlock on the switch fails

Hook both 87a's to ground as well as the 5 wire and the alarm lock/unlock reverses.  Unlock on the remote locks them, and lock on the remote unlocks them, and the entire switch fails! 

This is really starting to irk me.....it shouldn't be this hard!!!

moonliter, thanks for the info and i tried looking for the pink / YELLOW and pink/lt. green wires in both kicks and there is nothing in either kick. 

And by the way, this vehicle did not come with a factory keyless system. 

Ok, your truck has a neg triggered door locks. Just use the (-) lock & (-) unlock from the alarm and connect each to its respective lock (WHITE/ red) & unlock (BLACK/ white) wires. To be safe, use a fused jumper, touch one end to ground & touch the other end to the suspected lock wire and see if it locks, likewise test the unlock wire the same way.

good luck, I won't be back till tomorrow.

joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2008 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  

Got it working....FINALLY!!!....and they weren't just a negative trigger!  Would've been awesome if they were!  Ckeeler.....you are the man and a godsent!  I did what you diagramed for me and they worked like a charm!  Both lock/unlock work with the switch and they both work with the remote as well!!  I've never had this problem before, and I actually consider myself to be well versed in this industry, and able to figure out most problems.  Of course as with almost every job out there, sometimes you'll run in to things that you've not encountered before and thank you to all that helped me get out of this jam!  Especially you Ckeeler! 

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2008 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  

no problem. i havnt been a member here very long but i have been installing for a long time, since 95. thats not too long, but i say long time because most guys like yourself and i, tend to not keep doing this as a career as we get older. anyway, i ran into this same problem this summer. i wasnt a member here yet, but i doubt that it would have mattered as even now, months later, nobody knew the answer anyway. it took me several hours of trying to figure out what was happening in the switch and duplicate it, you can definetly imagine my frustration im sure. heres the funny part joch1314, ive done several of these trucks, same year, make, model, and option package, and not all of these are this way. wth!? i know huh?? weird.....anyway, just glad i could help you out.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic