icon

2003 mercedes e55 amg wiring diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2008 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
I would add bthat these people installing, if they are pros why are they asking you to get the diagramme FYI DirectWire lists the 2002 E Class there will effectively be no difference to your car.
prodigymb 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2008 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
I would add bthat these people installing, if they are pros why are they asking you to get the diagramme FYI DirectWire lists the 2002 E Class there will effectively be no difference to your car.

FYI my car is a W211 and is completely different from the W210 which is the 2002 and below. 2003+ is a fully different car. we saw that 2002 in the system.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2008 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

i have a 2000  E55 and it has the infra-red smart key... i was under the impression all E55's had it.....  is there a steel shank on the key or or does the key just "dock" into the keyhole and turn?

I'd be really surprised if it did not also have the Smart Key... it it does you are out of luck.....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
prodigymb 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2008 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
kgerry wrote:

i have a 2000  E55 and it has the infra-red smart key... i was under the impression all E55's had it.....  is there a steel shank on the key or or does the key just "dock" into the keyhole and turn?

I'd be really surprised if it did not also have the Smart Key... it it does you are out of luck.....

yes it has the key that just docks. however it is not the keyless sytem with the start/stop button that was optional

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2008 at 3:25 AM / IP Logged  
howie II wrote:
The electrics will be the same as an ordinary E Class, do you have a "normal" key, a plastic slot key or the type where you sit in the car with an RFID key, foot on brake and push start button? To do the first is a nightmare, the 2nd will cost you $2000 before you start to parallel the data ign wiring to where it becomes standard 12volts and the third is impossible, not forgetting electrical probblems that WELL> ensue and the dealer costs to rectify them and you've just thrown your warantees out of the window.
prodigymb wrote:
yes it has the key that just docks.
I would say that you are in for this to cost $2000 to parallel the data ignition switch wiring.
Or something thereabouts...the new Chryslers with similar style key require hacking into the PC board in the ignition switch, and with some remote starts you have to use 2 bypasses - one to actually override the immobilizer, and one to get the start sequence correct from the ignition switch so that the car's computers don't go into conniptions.
And those are cars that actually get attention from aftermarket suppliers - an E-Class AMG is a sufficiently rare car with unique hardware that most of the automotive electronics aftermarket has not touched it.
If you're anywhere near Pittsburgh, I'm willing to take this on for the right price, provided that when you bring it to me the factory wiring is intact and no trouble codes are displayed. My phone number is listed in the installer database.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
prodigymb 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2008 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  

chriswallace187 wrote:
howie II wrote:
The electrics will be the same as an ordinary E Class, do you have a "normal" key, a plastic slot key or the type where you sit in the car with an RFID key, foot on brake and push start button? To do the first is a nightmare, the 2nd will cost you $2000 before you start to parallel the data ign wiring to where it becomes standard 12volts and the third is impossible, not forgetting electrical probblems that WELL> ensue and the dealer costs to rectify them and you've just thrown your warantees out of the window.
prodigymb wrote:
yes it has the key that just docks.
I would say that you are in for this to cost $2000 to parallel the data ignition switch wiring.
Or something thereabouts...the new Chryslers with similar style key require hacking into the PC board in the ignition switch, and with some remote starts you have to use 2 bypasses - one to actually override the immobilizer, and one to get the start sequence correct from the ignition switch so that the car's computers don't go into conniptions.
And those are cars that actually get attention from aftermarket suppliers - an E-Class AMG is a sufficiently rare car with unique hardware that most of the automotive electronics aftermarket has not touched it.
If you're anywhere near Pittsburgh, I'm willing to take this on for the right price, provided that when you bring it to me the factory wiring is intact and no trouble codes are displayed. My phone number is listed in the installer database.

pm me your price Chris. and your contact information. thanks

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic