icon

Avital 4400 Remote Programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
elevatorguy 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2008 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Avital 4400 remote start alarm combo in a 99 Legacy Outback. I am trying to program a replacement remote control (the 2 way version). Do I need to manually program each channel? I have tried a few different things with limited success. Can anyone explain what I need to do after I get into the programming mode? I turn the ignition to the on position, press the programming button once, press it again and hold it while pushing the lock button on the remote...the alarm sounds off with confirmation. I turn off the key and try it. The lock button controls lock and unlock and there is no remote start. The way that the old remote worked was that the lock button did lock, the unlock button did unlock, and holding down both lock and unlock did the remote start. Do I need to push all the buttons on the remote while in the programming mode? Do I need to program each button for a different channel? Thanks in advance for any and all help.
elevatorguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2008 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
These are the instructions that came with the new remote.
http://www.directedstore.com/manuals/477T.pdf
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2008 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
If you have a buton marked *, on the remote, assuming it's an automatic then pressing * twice, once a second should activate remote start.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2008 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
Turn key ON, press valet button 8 times. Press again and HOLD. Siren should give off 8 quick chirps. Press lock on remote. Press lock on any other remotes you have. Release valet button. Turn ignition OFF. Siren should give a long chirp.
Test remote. It will operate just like the original remote. You will still press Lock and UNLOCK to remote start.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2008 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  
I'd suggest 2 things...first, check the install manual for the Avital 4400 and see if there are any transmitter programming instructions for doing a single channel at a time.
Second, if you did the autolearn method of transmitter programming(which it sounds like you did) and it's doing lock/unlock but not remote starting, there's a possibility that the transmitter is working fine, and the problem lies elsewhere with the remote start. Do you have another, working transmitter, or is this replacement the only one?
Common things to check there are the neutral safety wire/toggle switch, as well as the hood pin; certain faults with them will result in no light flash or other response from the unit.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
elevatorguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2008 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks a lot to everyone that answered via post here or by PM. JWorm had it right.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic