icon

hummer 03 456g/457g

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kustom101 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2008 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys im new ,any help would be great .I have a 2003 hummer i installed a viper 790 remote start ,and am using a 456g for the bypass for the passlock but for some reason it still doesnt want to remote start i checked all wireing and tested it with the key inserted and it werks great but without the key no go.i followed the steps on programing but it still does nothing ?what am i doing wrong ?any help would  be appreciated thanks in advance
12voltaddiction
albertatech 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2008 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  

Is the key just in or is it turned? If so to what position?

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 09, 2008 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
456G controls the factory content-theft alarm, and the doorlocks, but it does not bypass Passlock.
You could use a DEI 555L or 556L for the Passlock. This is kind of the old-fashioned way to do it, and you'll end up with all these different modules to mount, but it works. That was the only way to do these trucks when they first came out.
Nowadays, most of use an all-in-one databus module that does Passlock and the doorlocks, but if you've already paid for the 456G, it'll be more economical just to probably get the 555L (or similar Passlock bypass module).
kustom101 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2008 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
well i had the key forward to accessory and it remote started .i also have the 457g and its supposed to bypass the passlock but i wont remote start either  everything else werks with the 457g doorlocks door trigger but no remote start ....i might have to go old school with that 555l those were easy to work with thanks guys for your advice
12voltaddiction

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic