icon

2 button motorcycle alarm remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frankenstien 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2008 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

I last posted here back in July '06 about my '96 H.-D. FLSTC alarm (ID as yet unknown) issues ( https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~79772 - now closed) and, having gained control over the alarm through trial and error, was content to use it as it was - without ever finding any literature about how to  use it properly.

Now, I am finding that the alarm is auto-arming after 10 seconds or so - regardless of whether I have armed, then disarmed it while the ignition was on, engine not running (this used to prevent the system from auto-arming on it's own).  The only time it doesn't auto-arm when the ignition is on is when the engine is running.

This alarm is driving me nuts ... can anyone help me figure out how to use the 2-button remote to get the system back to a mode where auto-arming is not possible (or at least not when following my original procedure as outlined above).

Any thoughts anyone can offer along those lines would be appreciated ... FFF

frankenstien 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2008 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
bump
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2008 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
can you post a pic of the transmitter. it sounds like an audiovox unit that they used to make for motorcycles. ive installed a few.
frankenstien 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2008 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  

Hey ckeeler ! ... thanks for helping out!

Try the link in my 1st post (above) in this thead ... it should take you to my old thread that is closed but still has all content and photos of the electronic hardware that I posted in July 2006.

See what you make of it / them.  Thanks, FFF

ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2008 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
its much older than i thought. it still may be an audiovox unit though(looks like it). ill research it and get back to you.
frankenstien 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2008 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the help ... I can hardly wait for your verdict ... the thing is actually a nice feature, but, lately, it's been auto-arming itself at unexpected times and is driving me nuts.  FFF
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2008 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
Well, frankenstien.......ive looked and looked and looked again. i cannot find what in the world that thing is. sorrry 2 button motorcycle alarm remote -- posted image.. my only suggestion would be to remove it and get a new unit altogether.
kenwood_nut 
Stock Boy - Posts: 227
Stock Boy spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
My suggestion would be to replace it with an aftermarket alarm.  I picked up a nice Gorilla for my bike and although it can tend to false alarm in noisy or high traffic areas from the overly sensitive shock sensor, the sensor can be disabled to only be in "warn away" mode.  This alarm only took about a half hour to install and has two 3-button remotes!  Very nice programming options, including the siren that you can choose to have all 6 tones or select one of them alone!  The Gorilla is only a hundred bucks from almost anywhere.  It's the same Gorilla Company that makes wheel locks.  Good luck.
frankenstien 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2009 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  

Hey kenwood_nut ... thanks for getting back to this rather old pair of threads (there's a link in the 1st post to an even older [Closed] thread here at the12volt on the same subject ... that has pics, ect.) ...

I'm still having my issue and it's still a very relevant one to me as biking season has begun up here in the Great White North (Vancouver, Canada).  Also, I'm a bit of a stubborn brick (Scottish), and, but for the lack of a little knowledge about my existing alarm, I could probably get it sorted out in short order.  Eventually, I will find some answers, meantime, I'll likely have to disable it somehow.  Just disconnecting the alarm's wiring harness is NG as the m/c won't crank and I haven't worked out exactly how it is wired into the ignition circuit(s).  It's been a while since I was fresh on the subject.

Any thoughts?  The damn thing must have at least 2 modes because it has buttons marked 'I' and 'II' - I just haven't stumbled on exactly how to prevent it from auto-arming yet.  Thanks, FFF

crazynate12181 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2009 at 6:33 AM / IP Logged  
It sounds to me like it has passive arming feature enabled. I cant tell what kind of alarm it bc pics are way too small.
crazy nate
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic