icon

any suggestions on mounting tweeters?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rival904 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2008 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  

Im a little worried about drilling holes in my door panels let alone other peoples panels..

ANy tips or suggestions on how to go about this?

2004 F150 STX 4x4
Eclipse CD3100
(4) Pioneer TS-W3001D4
Powerbass 3XL 6x8
Powerbass 600.4
ragsports 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2008 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
As for mounting the treeters i have always flush mounted them.  Be confident in your work.  Maybe someone else has some sugestions on mounting them without using standard mounting brackets and such.  I have seen some people tyy and double side foam tape them, they usually fell off within a few months.  In my opinion this just isent a good way to go about installing a tweeter.  Also make sure you place you tweeter as close to you woofer as possible.
bigjohnny 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2008 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
ragsports wrote:
As for mounting the treeters i have always flush mounted them.  Be confident in your work.  Maybe someone else has some sugestions on mounting them without using standard mounting brackets and such.  I have seen some people tyy and double side foam tape them, they usually fell off within a few months.  In my opinion this just isent a good way to go about installing a tweeter.  Also make sure you place you tweeter as close to you woofer as possible.
dont mean to butt in here, but why should you always place a tweeter close to the woofer? Im just curious, ive always wondered why i've seen it done.
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2008 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  

I've had good luck with two-sided tape. I made sure both surfaces were clean, and they've been holding up for over a year now.

Plus, I use 3M tape...

2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
rival904 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  

Well when you flush mount them, what keeps them in the door? Would I be better off dropping some epoxy on the back of them to make sure they stay in there?

I ordered a set for my buddy, maybe I will get an idea of how it all works when I actually get them in my hands.

2004 F150 STX 4x4
Eclipse CD3100
(4) Pioneer TS-W3001D4
Powerbass 3XL 6x8
Powerbass 600.4
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  

most tweets will come with a flush mount kit.  They will have a bracket to attach it to the door panel.  The other option is hot-glue or epoxy. 

The tweets are placed as close to the woofers as possible for staging and to prevent separation of the two speakers.  The last thing you want to be able to do, is sit in the vehicle, close your eyes and be able to point out, "there's the tweet, and there's the woofer."

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic