icon

2008 Dodge Ram Speaker Wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boosted420a 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2008 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I'm looking for the wiring diagram or color codes for the left and right rear speaker wires that run in the pillars just next to the seats where the seat belts are for my 2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab. I'm trying to tap into them for my MTX Thunderform. Also the speaker wires in all four doors. I checked the 2006 and 2007 postings, and the door speaker wires are almost identical, but the rear colors are slightly off. I just want to be sure, and it would help others if they have any doubt. Thanks in advance.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 17, 2008 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

2008 Dodge Ram Speaker Wires -- posted image.

BatteryPINK(+)RADIO HARNESS
2008 Dodge Ram Speaker Wires -- posted image.AccesoryBROWN / RED(+)RADIO HARNESS
2008 Dodge Ram Speaker Wires -- posted image.GroundBLACK/ DARK GREEN(-)RADIO HARNESS
2008 Dodge Ram Speaker Wires -- posted image.IlluminationORANGE / DARK BLUE(+)RADIO HARNESS
2008 Dodge Ram Speaker Wires -- posted image.Amp Turn OnDARK GREEN/ RED(+)RADIO HARNESS
2008 Dodge Ram Speaker Wires -- posted image.LF Speaker (+)DARK GREEN
2008 Dodge Ram Speaker Wires -- posted image.LF Speaker (-)BROWN / RED
2008 Dodge Ram Speaker Wires -- posted image.RF Speaker (+)VIOLET
2008 Dodge Ram Speaker Wires -- posted image.RF Speaker (-)DARK BLUE/RED
2008 Dodge Ram Speaker Wires -- posted image.LR Speaker (+)BROWN / YELLOW
2008 Dodge Ram Speaker Wires -- posted image.LR Speaker (-)BROWN / LIGHT BLUE
2008 Dodge Ram Speaker Wires -- posted image.RR Speaker (+)DARK BLUE/WHITE
2008 Dodge Ram Speaker Wires -- posted image.RR Speaker (-)

DARK BLUE/ORANGE

The above info is for the 1500  You did not state which vehicle you were asking about.

boosted420a 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2008 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks,

It is a 1500.

The colors you listed for the rear speakers are not in the bunch of wires inside the pillars where the seat belts are, or inside the door itself. The spot I asking about is where the harness comes from the rear door and goes into the pillar/post.

Also, if it helps, it's only a standard 4 speaker system.

boosted420a 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2008 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
Well, I'm going to try a couple wires today, the truck is already semi-torn apart and I need it back together later today. I guess it's trial and error time.
boosted420a 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2008 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
Well, looks like the wiring in those post/pillars is the same as the 07 Ram. There were 3 other pairs of wires in each side, so I was a bit concerned and wanted to be sure. I double checked the 2007 Ram wiring and decided to try those out first. I still have to check the door speakers and see what colors they used in the doors. But for now I have the MTX Thunderform hooked up to a MTX 6500D Class D mono amp via the speaker level inputs. They sound decent for what they are, but I'm used to a higher quality sub. I'm not saying MTX isn't quality, just they put the bottom of the barrel sub they make in this box. I'll have to look into a better series they make.
For those interested:
LR Speaker +: Gray/Light Green
LR Speaker -: Gray/Dark Green
RR Speaker +: Dark GREEN/ Light Green
RR Speaker -: Dark GREEN/ Gray

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic