icon

newb wiring some sirens

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dontstealme 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Compustsar P2wss-as with the P2WSSR remote which utilizes the CM400 brain. As far as I know I can use the modules siren output to power a relay (pin 85) and connect my sirens that way. I have a backup battery and I read somewhere that the sirens would no longer work if the + is cut if I wire it this way. So is there any other way I can do this? I have 2 sirens and a Piezo. Car is a 95 Eclipse Gst. Thank you guys.
On a side note I have it hooked up this way now and it does not work.
85 Signal
86 -
87 +12v
30 Output to sirens
dontstealme 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone? I live in a pretty bad area and I hate not having everything at 100%
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  

Just get yer self a siren with a back up battery

It's controlled with a seperate key. When triggered, it can only be shut off with the  key!

dontstealme 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2008 at 3:52 AM / IP Logged  
Good idea but I already payed the money for the setup I have now can't afford that.
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2008 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
The way I hooked them up in my truck before was like this. Connect a positive lead to the main power lead to your alarm then to Pin 86, connect pin 85 to ground (this keeps the coil energized as long as the alarm has power). Connect pin 30 to your sirens Positive lead and connect pin 87a to a separate constant power source such as another battery etc. Its set up as a collapsible circuit once the your main battery cable is cut the power to the alarm will be interrupted and the relay will no longer have power to the coil closing the circuit between pins 87a and 30 setting off the back up sirens. This was a good setup for GM trucks where the positive battery cable is easily cut. A backup siren is easier and more fool proof. I am not sure how long the relay will last with the coil constantly powered. I sold my truck shortly after this alarm install.
Diagram link
dontstealme 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2008 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
I'm going to try this out right now. Thanks I'll post back on how it works.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic