taillamp not shut off after remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snake07 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  

HI all,

I complete the remote starter and alarm (Compustar CM3000) on my 04 Acura MDX and everything working fine.  I just realized this evening when I remote started the car and shut off with the remote.  After the engine shut off, the headlight and parking light would not shut off. 

I checked the parking light trigger from the remote starter module and it did cut off  after the engine shut off but the headlight and parking light did not.

As far as I know under normal operation, the headlight and parking light only shut off after the key remove and  when the driver door is open.

I'd appreciate if anybody know how to fix this problem.

Thanks,

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2008 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  

in order to fix your problem you need to pulse the door trigger wire after the remote start unit shuts down.  i am not sure abt your unit but most have a wire that will have a negative pulse when the unit shuts off.  the wire you need is black with white at the passenger fuse box in a light green 18 pin plug.

megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  

do they shut off after a pre-determined amount of time?  It's essentially the same thing as if you started your car with the key, then shut it down and decided to stay in the car.  I'm sure that they'll shut down after a few minutes, but if you don't want them on that long, use the above mentioned door trigger trick. 

I run into the same scenario with GM's and the RAP for the stereo.  After remote start, the stereo stays on for about ten to fifteen minutes.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  
megaman wrote:

do they shut off after a pre-determined amount of time?  It's essentially the same thing as if you started your car with the key, then shut it down and decided to stay in the car.  I'm sure that they'll shut down after a few minutes, but if you don't want them on that long, use the above mentioned door trigger trick. 

I run into the same scenario with GM's and the RAP for the stereo.  After remote start, the stereo stays on for about ten to fifteen minutes.

Believe it or not they don't. Honda and Toyota autolamps just stay on forever unless they see that pulse. Another stupid idea from overseas(just like inoperative remotes if the key is on)...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  

Mike is correct, it stays on forever and I also have the same problem with the 98 toyota camry.  The headlamp and brake lamp only shut off when the driver door is open. 

I have to look into Ckeeler's suggestion.

Thanks all,

snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  

I looked over all the outputs that the Compustar CM3000 given and the only appropriate output sends out pulse after remote start shut down is the Rearm Output.

I guess this is the only output I'll be able to use and I'll placed a diode in between for isolation.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
The rearm output is what you need,,,
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks a lot,

I'll have time to hook that wire up this weekend.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic