icon

radio on a polaris ranger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
johnboy56 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a marine radio kit which included the heat unit, speakers and waterproof cover. I installed the stereo overhead on a wooden enclosure I built myself. I have power ran directly to the battery and not to the ignition switch. I used about 6 ft of 12ga wire to run it from the battery to the stereo where I connected the memory and power leads from the head unit together. I used the ground from the HU and ran a wire to the roll cage and connected it to a lag screw in the roll cage. I have no problem sitting in the vehicle at idle, everything seems to work great. When I push on the gas and move the vehicle the sound goes out until I slow down to come to a stop it comes back on. I double checked on my connections and everything seems to be secure. I even shook the vehicle by hand vigorously while idling to see if there may be a loose connection but the radio continues to play with no problems. I sent the first stereo back and installed the replacement but I am having the exact same problem as I did with the first one. Does anyone have any advice on how to solve this problem?
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
Most likely a voltage problem.  Check your constant voltage while you are, or someone else for safety purposes, drives.
johnboy56 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
So if the voltage drops with power to the battery directly what would be the fix?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 21, 2008 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Find the bad connection and repair it. How did you connect the wire to the battery?
Check the ground too, I would look real close at the Lag Bolt. And at the integrity of the roll cage. You may need to run the ground wire to the battery also.
lecktroman 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2008 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
I put a gel-cell battery under the driver seat (with an isolator)
and ran all my accessories to that battery
2008 rhino 700fi

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic