viper 5900 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
notchback5.0 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2008 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
whitetruck wrote:

I looked under the dash on the driver's side and the passenger side and even on top of the dash where one of the sensors sits.

I really don't want to dismantle half the car to find this module... Is ther any other way to fix this remote start?  I mean it WAS working last winter with zero issues until I disconnected the battery. And will still work with the key in the ignition...

If the vehicle works with the key in the ignition, its about 99% that you simply just need to have the module "learn" your key signal. As stated above, find the module, or take it to the pro's. There are entirely too many modules out there for someone to post every learning procedure, not to mention, you typically need access to the module in order to program it.
whitetruck 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2008 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  

Ok Now I understand. I did not know that there were more than just a  few modules. I thought this would be a siple re-learn procedure but apparently if there are that many differnt modules this may be an issue.

BTW, this is not a matter of being lazy as JWorm mentioned. I have 6 cars to attend to and it gets a bit tiresome to stay on top of all of the maintenance and nothing burns me up more than an easy fix made hard by the "pro's" who don't want to share their secrets. I know that people need to make a living but there are millions of people out there that would never even attempt to try an install or a repair-they will go to the pro's.  Personally, I like to work on my own stuff but I know enough to know when I don't know so I ask for help. 

I will locate this module and download the re-learn instructions. Hopefully this will fix my issue.

notchback5.0 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2008 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
good luck.. that should be the issue.
draggin95niss 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2008 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
well to take apart the driver side of the dash is very easy....pop off the trim that goes around the column that runs accros the guage cluster, there is a 7mm screw there, take off the fuse panel cover, there are 2 8mm bolts, there are 2 7mm screws on the hood latch and brake release, pulls those, also there in that area there is another 7mm screw there by itself, and along the top left corner of the panel near the headlight switch there is a 7mm screw, and las there is another 7mm screw on the bottom right corner area close to the center console, u can easily see all the screws and take them out and have the panel off in less than 5 minutes....and also the other screws on the hood and brake releases are on the bottom so stick your head under the handles and look straight up u will see them....hope this helps and good luck...once u get it off u should be able to see the brain and bypass module...thats where most installers place them...good luck...and let us know what happens...
whitetruck 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2008 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
SO, there is a Brain and a bypass module. Do they look the same? How will I know the difference?  I guess I'll just write down everyhting I see...
whitetruck 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2008 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  

Ok found it and fixed it. Took 5 minutes!  Thanks for the help. It's greatly appreciated.

Now I'm wondering if I need to have a remote start installed in my WRX 5-speed...viper 5900 remote start - Page 2 -- posted image.

calijtee1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2008 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
not such a great idea if youre used to leaving it in gear..lol
installers do it best. we got the magic hands!
whitetruck 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2008 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
I never leave it in gear. I don't think that a "pro" shop would do it for me though because of the liability. Is this true? 
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic