icon

pioneer deh-p7800mp dead

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blindguy 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2008 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
my system drained my battery, not too unexpected. Somehow jumping my car cause my deh-p7800mp to stop working. it can still tell im turning my car on and off. i can tell because the faceplate still extends so i can take it off whenever i turn off the car.
anyone heard of something like this? i cant afford a new one so i really hope there is way to fix it.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 22, 2008 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
XNP7026FLEX CABLE (FACE TO MAIN PCB)IN STOCK $24.35 

Pacific Coast Parts     pacparts.com   1-800-421-5080       This is not a simple repair, but it is no way hard to do.  You will need a soldering iron and solder,  and a 00 phillips screwdriver.   And a #1 phillips screwdriver.

blindguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2008 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
i checked that cable it looked fine
i am an idiot 
Posted: October 22, 2008 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
Did you jump your car off with another vehicle or did you use a Battery charger?   If you used another vehicle, what are the chances that the cables were connected backwards on one of the vehicles?  If you used anothe vehicle and the cables were not connected backwards, I really see no way that this could have damaged the radio.  A battery charger with a boost setting will put substantially more than 13 volts into the radio.  I have never seen this damage a radio, but I will not say that it won't.  If using another vehicle and the cables were connected backwards usually takes out the fuse on the Yellow wire of the deck.  It could have caused damage and not taken the fuse out, but it is highly unlikely.
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2008 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
check the acc wire of the deck, red.  You could have blown that fuse.
i am an idiot 
Posted: October 22, 2008 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
When he turns the car off, the radio tilts the face so he can remove it.  It knows when the car is being turned off.
blindguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2008 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
When he turns the car off, the radio tilts the face so he can remove it.  It knows when the car is being turned off.
its not a fuse. for the time being i put an old pioneer in. that one works so it is all in the head unit.
blindguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2008 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
Did you jump your car off with another vehicle or did you use a Battery charger?   If you used another vehicle, what are the chances that the cables were connected backwards on one of the vehicles?  If you used anothe vehicle and the cables were not connected backwards, I really see no way that this could have damaged the radio.  A battery charger with a boost setting will put substantially more than 13 volts into the radio.  I have never seen this damage a radio, but I will not say that it won't.  If using another vehicle and the cables were connected backwards usually takes out the fuse on the Yellow wire of the deck.  It could have caused damage and not taken the fuse out, but it is highly unlikely.
i jumped it first, then charged it on low with a charger. i actually removed the face plate while i was jumping it and left it off until the charging was complete.
i am an idiot 
Posted: October 24, 2008 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  
As long as you did not use the Boost feature on a large battery charger, I really see no way that what you did caused damage to your radio.   I am not familiar with the ribbon setup on that particular deck, but some of them show no signs of breakage, yet when replaced the deck begins working properly.  Pay special attention to the area that has a sharp fold in the ribbon cable.   Find the fold and run your finger over both edges of it.  If it is broken you will be able to feel it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic