icon

2006 grand cherokee, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
chriswallace187 hit it right on the nose. the PKUCH2X is the way to go. it will take care of an easy install for you.
BrianM83 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2008 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
blanx218 wrote:
chriswallace187 hit it right on the nose. the <A class=BodyText style="COLOR: navy" href="http://www.bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=PKUCH2X" target=new>PKUCH2X</A> is the way to go. it will take care of an easy install for you.
Why not the XK532? I am doing the same install on an 06 Grand Cherokee and it seems the XK532 is the same as the PKUCH2X plus it will take care of the door locks and door sense trigger. Please correct me if I am wrong.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2008 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
the xk532 would be perfect but this post was for help with a basic remote start only, no keyless. If doing keyless entry as well xk532. remote start only then you would go with the PKUCH2X because its more cost effective. no need to use a module that isnt necessary.
stiver_32 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2008 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  

I have the remote starter totally installed except for programming the bypass -- PKUCH2X.

However... to test the starter I placed one of the factory keys in the ignition in order to act as a temporary bypass.  Everything worked like it was suppose to .. vehicle started, heater on ... everything was good except that the airbag light stays on. 

I assumed it had to do with the MUX wire, so I put it back to the way it was from the factory and NO airbag light.  Hooked it back to the bypass and it comes ON after starting.

Now is this due to a resistance issue??  I was using tube connectors to make my connections.... would this cause resistance issues??

I have the green wire from the bypass going to the key side of the MUX and the PURPLE / white on the BCM side.

I am also having issues programming the PKUCH2X.... I am using the alternative way (removing the chip form the key/keyfob) to program.  Or wont this work until I get the MUX working correctly? 

For those wondering... the starter is a Valet 562t

Can you please help me....

stiver_32 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2008 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  

OK... per advice I got via PM.

I am going to solder my MUX wires.

I am also going to try to program my module by grounding the wait to start wire on the remote starter after I insert the 2 factory keys in to enter programming mode.  Grounding the wait to start powers the ignition but not the start.... which is pretty much what you are doing in the PKUCH2X instructions with a blank key. 

I'll post my results later tonight.

stiver_32 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2008 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
K... so I was able to solder the wires and get the bypass programmed correctly.  Remote started the vehicle fine... no airbag light or anything (initially).  BUT THEN

I thought everything was good until I try to start the vehicle regularly and guess what.... airbag light came back on.  I come to discover that it only comes on when I start the vehicle regularly with both OEM keys.  It does not display the airbag light when I remote start..... only on occassion... such as if I were to remote start the vehicle multiple times in a short time period.   So I though OK... I'll just remote start the vehicle then insert the OEM key, hit the brake, and the light never came on.  But... I went for a test drive and guess what.... the ABS was kicking in randomly!!!  This only occurs when I remote start the vehicle then disarm it with the brake pedal after inserting an OEM key in the ignition.  I have no ABS issues when I start the vehicle normally.  What could be causing this??!?!?!   So I hooked the MUX wire back together like it originally was.... and I have NO issues with the Airbag light or ABS issues when using the factory key.

Any clue why all this is happening?? Do I have a faulty bypass module?? 

For now so the vehicle can be driven.....I hooked the MUX back to OEM ....I removed the bypass (left the remainder of the wiring installed minus the MUX) and pulled the fuses from the remote start so it has no power..

This is really starting to discourage me.  I've done several newer GM vehicles that required bypasses and never had any issues like this.

What do you think is my next step??

stiver_32 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  

FInal update.

I was able to resolve all issues by leaving the vehicles MUX wire intact and simply tapping the bypass' PURPLE / white (MUX output) wire to it.  I did not hook up the green MUX input wire on the bypass.  (make sure you solder your connections.)

The only side effect of this is that when you get in the vehicle and insert the key and turn it to the ON position after it is already running from being remote started; the accessories will turn off (radio and heater/fan) for a second until you touch the brake pedal (killing the remote start).... at which point they will run back on. 

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic