icon

clifford 50.5x problem with remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dc2quick 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2008 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
Now I have never programmed or used the valet/program switch ever. It just seemed to work out of the box. My pager used to work properly. Where as, I would arm and disarm and the pager would beep once for arm beep twice for disarm, or beep 3 times if a zone was disturbed after being armed. However, after a week or so every time i would disarm it would beep 3 times regardless. This is starting to get on my nerves and am not exactly sure if it is because i never programed it to the auto configuration. I tried doing these steps (open door, turn ignition to on, press valet button to requested channel, hold one additional time, listen for horn honk, release button, etc.) But this never seemed to work and i would never get a horn honk after performing this.
Another issue is i can't bypass zones from the remote. Example: arm vehicle, press additional time within 5 seconds to bypass shock sensor.
I guess my main question is: Is it mandatory that you program the alarm even if you're not using any outputs or to program it to auto-learn standard configuration?
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
I thought three beeps means that there is a zone open?
"ole blake"
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
It means the alarm was triggered,  normally turning on ignition will reset this function. It's mentioned in the owners book.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like your yellow wire on the remote start ribbon is not getting an ignition input.  If the alarm doesn't get that then it wont program or reset the alarm.  Check the harness to make sure its not loose and check the pink wire that connects to the ignition harness to make sure its not loose.
dc2quick 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2008 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
mrcllusb wrote:
I thought three beeps means that there is a zone open?
sorry my pager will beep 4 times
dc2quick 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2008 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
enice wrote:
It sounds like your yellow wire on the remote start ribbon is not getting an ignition input.  If the alarm doesn't get that then it wont program or reset the alarm.  Check the harness to make sure its not loose and check the pink wire that connects to the ignition harness to make sure its not loose.
Okay so i don't use the remote start. I was going to but after learning that i need the dei 556u (2001 acura integra), i felt that it was more work/money than i needed. Plus i dind't want to have to leave a key plugged into the unit somewhere in my car. So... knowing that, is that the reason why my alarm is doing this? In that case what steps can i take to work around it? Should I just take the yellow wire from the ribon harness and plug it into the ignition input? (i'm using a starter-kill relay)
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2008 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

That is exactly your problem.  The yellow wire has to receive an input from the ignition harness via the relay pack.  To work around it you can just plug the ribbon in to the alarm and wire the yellow wire from the ribbon directly to the ignition.  As for the 556u you can use a bypass module that enables you to keep your key like the XK05 by bypasskits(no key required).  The 556u requires you to leave a key in it but you can use any bypass module meant for acuras and you get to keep your keys.

Also, if your car is a manual transmission vehicle then you also need a 689m since that would make the clifford alarm/rs remote start safe.

Remember.....SAFETY FIRST

dc2quick 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2008 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
great, i'll probably be working on that this weekend... i might look into the remote start once i get more time, but it's good to know that there's a safety feature for manual cars. I always thought that it wasn't recommended and remote starting a manual vehicle was always risky... I'll give an update as soon as i get this yellow wire hooked up..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic