arm and disarm factory alarm, 04 mdx?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snake07 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2008 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all,

I have a Compustar CM3000 Remote starter and Alarm on my 04 Acura MDX.  I connect the arm and disarm wire from the CM3000 to arm and disarm the factory alarm and I run those 2 wires power lock connector on the driver door, bule/white for arm and RED / black for disarm.  I follow this thread to connect the arm and disarm wire and I don't think I miss those 2 wires.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=94700&KW=04+acura+MDX

The problem I have right now is when I lock the car with the Compustar remote, the Red LED by the driver door won't blink (this LED blink when I lock the car with the factory remote), it give me the impression that I did not arm the factory alarm. I was able to start the car fine but the factory alarm went off occasionally when I start the car and I can't disable the alarm with the Compustar remote, I have to open the door with the key to stop the alarm.

I'd appreciate if somebody give me an advice how to fix this problem.

Thanks,

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  

Arm/disarm are INSIDE the drivers door at the lock switch..... is that where you got em?

Arm is blue/white disarm is blue with silver dots

snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  

Thank you for your response,

Yes, I got the arm/disarm wire inside the driver door and at the lock switch, arm is at pin 6 and disarm is pin 16.

I have to take a look at the arm/disarm wire agian this week.  But one thing bother me was if I did not connect the arm/disarm wire correct then how can I start the car ? as far as I know if I don't disarm the factory alarm, it would not let me start the car.

One more thing I noticed was, I was able to start the car while the door is I locked  w/o triggering the factory alarm and the only time the factory alarm trigger was If I locked the car and let it sit there for a whole day.

Thanks again,

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
I've never gone into the driver's door in one of those. The arm/disarm wires are available in the passenger's kick panel, and they control the doorlocks too. (But all the doors will unlock at the same time, no driver's priority, is that ok for you?)
In the passenger side fusebox, just above the fuses, there's a horizontal plug, and you can pretty clearly see that the wires are coming in from the passenger door.
The two correct wires there, one will test as a ground when you turn the key in the OUTSIDE KEY CYLINDER to the "lock" position, and the other will test when you turn the key to "unlock."
Connect the Compustar's lock wire, AND a "pulse after start" wire, to the Acura's lock/arm wire. (I'm not familiar with Compustar's terminology, but probably "factory rearm" will make a pulse after remote starting.)
Connect the Compustar's unlock output, AND a "pulse before start" (probably called "factory disarm" on the Compustar) to the Acura's unlock/disarm wire.
When done, the Compustar remote should arm and disarm your factory alarm, and lock/unlock the doors too.
Also, when remote starting, the car will unlock temporarily (to disarm the alarm), start, and then relock immediately.
To answer your other questions:
Sounds like not only is your Compustar not correctly disarming the Acura's alarm, but it's probably not arming it either. You're probably just hooked up to the lock/unlock wires coming off the switch on the door panel.
But, probably just once in a while, you're locking the car's door before you close it---that'll arm the alarm.
And then in that case, when you go to remote start it, the alarm will go off. The remote start will still start the car and it'll run just fine, though. It'll just be the horn sounding and the lights flashing.
snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you for your response,

Your advise is really helpfull and It would be nice if I had known I can use the lock and unlock wire for arm/disarm before I start the installation.  It'd have saved me half of the time I spent for installation.  It's really painfull to take off the door panel and run the arm/disarm wire from the driver door through the wire boot.

You are right, I did not arm and disarm the factory alarm since the LED on the driver door never lit. 

I used the BLACK/ orange wire for Lock and Blue/orange for Unlock (located in the Pass Mux Unit with the horizontal connector as you mentioned).  The only thing I need to do right now is connecting the arm/disarm wire from the Compustar to the Lock/Unlock wire. I don't think I need diodes for isolation but for safety purpose, I'll put 4 diodes at the output of Lock/Ulock, Arm/Disarm of the Compustar.

Thanks again.

snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  

I've just got the arm/disarm wire connect to the door lock/unlock wire ( BLACK/ orange, blue/orange) with 4 diodes and still, it wouldn't arm the factory alarm.

The LED on the door would not blink when I use the Compustar to lock the door.

Any other suggestion ?

Thanks,

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic