icon

fiberglass door panels for my 95 gmc 150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deeg money 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, I just registered as a member on here and it has a lot of useful info. With that I decided to do a couple of builds myself. Today I just took off my original door panel and taped up the inside of the actual door. I plan on using 1/8 in MDF for and outline on 3/4 of the door and the upper 1/4 I am going to have touse just fiberglass since it has a slight curve to it plus I want to use the arm rest and the metal peice it sits on for stability for the door. I am then going to make a mold of the door and put a few custom designs of my own with it. While I am building if you have any idea's feel free to post and I just might use it. I am pretty open minded about the design right now. thanks

fiberglass door panels for my 95 gmc 150 -- posted image.

Say goodbye to my old door panels!

Deeg money
"If you cant be good, be good at it"
jar754 
Copper - Posts: 142
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2008 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  
goodbye door panels
deeg money 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2008 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  

Ok here is the work I got done today. not much only had a like an hour to work before sun went down. fiberglass door panels for my 95 gmc 150 -- posted image.fiberglass door panels for my 95 gmc 150 -- posted image.

The wood panel does go around the arm rest for added stability. I am going to fiberglass the top part and some of the front of the inside part of the panel.  That should be up in the next few day. also I am going to post some of the recent FG box pics that I built.Thanks

Deeg money
deeg money 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2008 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  

Ok so I just got the photo's of the box that I built on my computer and resized. (what a pain the ***) It took me about 10 hours total to build this thing.! not to bad I guess how long does it usually take someone??

Still need black paint this is just the primer on it! let me know what you think

Deeg money
emptypockets426 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2008 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
No speakers in the doors? Can't believe how flat the panels are in that truck which makes it easier to fabricate. I would take this oppurtunity to add a nice set of component speakers molded into the panels.
deeg money 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2008 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
I am going to put some infinity kappa perfect 6.5's in there and I am thinking about putting some 5 1/4s in to with some tweeters up top. that is just the basic out line tho. Now I am going to cut it out and fiberglass the top and then build the speaker pods onto it once the frame is right!
Deeg money
emptypockets426 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2008 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds good...keep the pics coming. Need any ideas, pm me.
biggidaman 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
word up man it looks like you've put a lot of time into your truck good worrk man post the finished product. but one thing i see and i can't let you go on with out saying something to save you some aggravation when you start glassing the top don't use that duct tape. the heat from the glass activateing will make a huge mess. use masking tape. been there and done that. keep it up though man it's going to be ill
Biggi Kustumz home base operation since 1998. car audio should be fun not work!!!!
az79k5project 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2009 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
Any updates on the door panels? I'm watching how yours come out before doing my own.
deeg money 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
Hey thanks for the info biggidaman. I have since sold that truck and just bought my dream truck. An 83 square body chevy (chevy c10). I am planning on glassing the entire inside and covering some with vinyl and the rest with paint. I plan on doing the dash, doors and box all from scratch. Thanks guys and I will have picks on my my new thread within the next week of the truck and some of the work for it!
Deeg money
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic