2004 chevy colorado, remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roho 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I am about to install a 2 way remote starter in my 2004 Chevrolet Colorado. Automatic. Can anyone please explain to me what these wires are used for, and if they are, what do I connect them to in the Colorado. Below are the wires from the install manual.
WHITE / BROWN (–) - Arm - Max 500 mA ground signal when the doors are locked by remote control. This wire will go to ground 1/4 sec. before the LOCK pulse, and go OFF 1/8 sec after it. Note: The system will also give a rearm pulse on this wire after remote-start shutdown.
WHITE / GREEN (–) - Disarm - Max 500 mA 1-sec. ground pulse when the Doors are unlocked by remote control. Connect to the OEM Disarm wire of the vehicle. Note: The system will also give a disarm pulse on this wire before remote starts.
WHITE / ORANGE (–) - Starter Kill (armed output) - The unit is equipped with a selectable passive- or active-arming Starter Kill circuit that will immobilize the vehicle when the system is armed. This wire will provide a constant 500-mA negative output when the system is armed (locked by remote) or if remote started. This wire should be connected to a Single Pole Double-Throw Relay (This wire will connect to Pin 85, on the Relay, and Pin 86 will be connected to the Ignition wire). A second benefit of the Starter Kill is the Anti-Grind feature. When the vehicle has been remote started the Anti-Grind prevents the starter motor from re-engaging when the ignition key is inserted in the Ignition switch and accidentally turned to the CRANK
WHITE (–) - Ground out when running - 500 mA constant ground output when running. This output becomes active before remote IGNITION ON, and shuts off when the module is shut down. Note: If multiple relays or modules are connected to the ground out wire, make sure that each one of them is diode-isolated from the others. Otherwise feedback effects may occur, which could damage the vehicle and/or the modules, relays, and bypass modules.
Thank you,
Mike
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
your arm wire is used to rearm your factory alarm(if you want to) after remote start shutdown. the disarm is used to keep your factory alarm from going off when you remote start. the starter kill wire is an option but wont be used on yor truck because you dont have a starter wire. the ground when running is what you want to use to activate your immobilizer bypass module
roho 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  

I don't believe I have a factory alarm, just a panic button on my stock remote. Do I have to connect this to anything?

THanks, Mike

blanx218 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
nope. you will just need the ground out when running. keep the disarm easily accessible tho. i have seen remote starts set off factory systems on alot of vehicles. you do have a factory alarm if you have a panic button, however alot of people think to highly of factory alarms. they only go off if a door is opened. it is very easy to break in without setting them off. so dont worry about rearming the factory system
roho 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2008 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks blanx. 

Another question I have, when I connect my unlock and lock wires, I will use diodes, but other than that, do I just connect them to the lock and unlock wires (light blue and dark blue) in the BCM?  Or do I have to be using relays?  Or connect the remote starter wires to the individual lock/unlock wires for each door?

Thanks again,

Mike

blanx218 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2008 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
you dont even need any diodes for the locks. your lock outputs are fine by themselves as basic negative outputs directly to the lock/unlock in the car.
roho 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2008 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks again,  just going though the manual, do you know what output I program to the remote?  500mA 1/10 sec., 7/10 sec., 4-sec. or 1/4-sec double-pule negitive output?

Thanks

blanx218 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2008 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
just keep it at the factory default settings. it is very rare that you would change the lock outputs. unlock in a 04 colorado only requires single pulse
roho 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2008 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  

Hello, I am installing a remote starter on my 2004 Chevrolet Coloado.  I am using a Prostart 3400 for the remote starter.

When looking at the truck wiring diagrams, I see all this talk about door trigger or door pin wires, however,  nothing in the remote starter instructions says what I hook these up to.  There is no wire on the remote starter called 'door trigger wire' or anything close to that.  Can anyone please help me out here? 

The remote starter wiring diangram can be found at :

http://www.engines911.com/asdocs/CT-3400TW_wd_en_h300s320v100_030822.pdf 

THe remote starter install instructions can be found at:

http://www.engines911.com/asdocs/CT-3400TW_ig_en_h310s320v250_040908.pdf

Thank you, Roho

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 01, 2008 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
If it is not an alarm, chances are there will not be a door trigger wire.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic