icon

2005 passat diesel, viper 791

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2008 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
Green wire on alarm. Rolls Royce, some US Fords, Euro Ford Puma trunk contact and trunk contact on some 5 & 7 seies BMs in the early 90s. All else NEG
johnwgy 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2008 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 2005 vw passat and am installing a viper 791 with a CAN1. If possible I would like to wire this combo up to allow the factory remote to control the viper arm/disarm as well.Is it correct that I just connect the viper light-GREEN/ black (-) factory alarm disarm directly to the CAN1 blue/white (-)disarm output. Viper GREEN / WHITE (-) factory alarm rearm directly to CAN1 GREEN / WHITE (-)arm output.

johnwgy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
 On the viper remote start heavy gauge relay satellite what is the RED / white wire for.Does it need to be connected as well as the red's . I assume if it is needed then just connect it to the red's.
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
If you are going to use the pink/white for second ignition or accessory then you need to connect the RED / white to the constant 12 volt as simple as that.
johnwgy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
I'm about to hook up a viper 791 to a diesel.I have the DEI pulse timer which will be hooked to the wait to start wire of the alarm.Just how does this wait to start wire work. I would imagine the remote start would operate as soon as the button is pushed on the remote unless a wire is cut on the relay harness, then the wait to start wire would kick in after the set length of time from the timer. Which wire needs to be removed to prevent instant starting,there is no mention in the manual that I can find.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  

it has to be programmed when the install is finished.

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
johnwgy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
 That was my first thought but I can't find anywhere in the programming instructions that would allow for the wait to start. The timer I'm using is the DEI528T.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Is it a recent 791xv, or an older model? With recent models (made in 2005+) you don't need the 528T. You program option 3-13 to a timed setting. Older models don't have that option and you need a 528T.
johnwgy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2008 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
Older model without built in timer.
johnwgy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2008 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  

I'm still trying to understand the proper operation of the wait to start wire. It either is fed a constant ground which is broken after 528 timer times out or it receives  ground after the timer times out. The timer can be configured either way.

It would seem to make sense that a constant ground to the wait to start wire would perhaps prevent remote starting till the ground is removed by the timer? If the wire works opposite and requires ground to start then something must have to be disconnected or the remote start would operate as soon as the button is pushed as the wait to start wire would see nothing just as if it wasn't connected at all.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic