icon

nissan 240sx alarm/keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lamigra05 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2008 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
i own a '95 nissan 240sx with power everything, but no keyless entry or alarm. now my questions are, do i need to put in a keyless entry system first before i can put in an alarm? or if i buy an alarm system, the keyless comes with it? another thing i heard that if you cant unlock the passenger door from the drivers side you need to get an electric motor or something? not sure. im asking because i know if i buy an alarm online it could be cheaper, so i want to know simple things before i take it to the pros. dont want them to rip me off, ya know? thanks for everyone that contributes. :D
wat it do?
calijtee1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2008 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
honestly itll be cheaper and the best way to get everything done at the shop. why? first warranty. the quality of the equipment, bunch of times you get them cheaper on-line but what if theyre defective,(i see a-lot) you have to send it back, wait few days and all that, second,,all the shops have a certain flat rate theyre going to charge, and guess what no shop likes outside work. third theyll install it but if you have a problem guess what youre gonna be paying outta your pocket everytime they need to check it out, why because its your equipment. but if you end up getting everything from them theyll most likely give ya a package deal just go in ask them for a price on the system . if you say you got power everything then itll be just the alarm.
installers do it best. we got the magic hands!
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2008 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

lamigra05 wrote:
i own a '95 nissan 240sx with power everything, but no keyless entry or alarm. now my questions are, do i need to put in a keyless entry system first before i can put in an alarm? or if i buy an alarm system, the keyless comes with it? another thing i heard that if you cant unlock the passenger door from the drivers side you need to get an electric motor or something? not sure. im asking because i know if i buy an alarm online it could be cheaper, so i want to know simple things before i take it to the pros. dont want them to rip me off, ya know? thanks for everyone that contributes. :D

why would you think they would rip you off?

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2008 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
Apart from an alarm which will include keyless entry, you will need an actuator for the driver's door.  It's better to shop around professionals for the correct set-up, frankly people buying online end up paying more for the right parts as well as the reasons above.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic