icon

push btn start w/ alarm as toggle switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
migitcheetah 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2008 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  
I am trying to install a push button start in my 94 cadillac seville sts. i have looked at other push button starts, ( awsome push button start, and this one, that i can only find the picture for cuz im to lazy to search for the rest,
push btn start w/ alarm as toggle switch -- posted image.)
and well i kinda got the idea on how to do it, but i want to take it one more step and make it with no key, like in the tortrial above, but instead of using a toggle switch i want to use mi cars alarm unlock as the switch for on and off.
also i have the alarm with remote start so i wanted to also be able to use the remote start, and then instead of having to put in my key liek i do now, i want to just be able to hit the unlock open the door and drive off. no key needed at all.
i kind of designed something but wen i went ot put it in it it didnt work.
i used the momentary to constant output system i found on the relay page.
Once activated by the relay on the left, the relay's coil on
        the right will stay energized until either ground or 12v(+) is removed.
        You can do this with another relay. Or try connecting to a 12v(+) switched
        source instead of a constant one. Or you can have a door trigger activate
        a relay to break continuity. The variations are practically endless.

push btn start w/ alarm as toggle switch -- posted image.
and then hooked the constant 12v output to the push buttons relay where the ignition wire comes in from. and then that led to the switch and then to the actual ignition wire (atleast i think it was the ignition wire, i dont have a manual for mi car so i wasnt 100% shure) the neverything else was hooked up exactly as it was show in the tortrial on instructables. (again i wasnt shure if i was using the right wire for the starter ither, but i think i was kuz i beleive that mi remote start uses the same wire and i think i cut into that)
anyways i guess mi question is/ are...
1. is what i am talking about at all posible.
2. if it is and i get mi unlock to act as a toggle to let me push start with no key will my lock turn it off, and if not can i make it do this somehow.
3. what are my start and ignition wires.
4. why dose something that looks so simple online turn out to give me such a hard time
5. how would i set it up to do what i want it to do.
6. can anyone help me please.
ps.
i will put up a picture of mi original design that i installed and failed as soon as i get my scaner working.
migitcheetah 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2008 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
can anyone help me with this. id really appreciate it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic