icon

relay for heated seats

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wyelkhunter 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2008 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  
Hello all!  I have a 2001 GMC Yukon XL 1500, and I recently put in an Autopage RS-622 unit with the idatalink ads-dl bypass.  I am trying to get the heated seats to come on with the remote start(the bypass unit does not do it on this year).  I have tried wiring a relay with the ground when running wire off the R.S. up to the heated seat switch in the door.  I can feel/hear the relay operate when the R.S. is engaged, but the switch will not turn on.  I have soldered 2 wires to each solder point on the heated seat switch, and I have flip-flopped, redone, and about everything else.  And I have tried a different relay as well.  Have anyone done this install?  Anyone have any ideas for me?  Thanks for any and all help!
elkhunter
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2008 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
have you tested the wires at the seat yet? you will probably have to connect there rather than the switch.
wyelkhunter 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2008 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  

I haven't went there yet.  I have a diagram I pulled off Astroflex website.  It says to go into the switch in the driver's door, and solder onto those points.....I hooked it up just like it showed, it was a little vague on where exactly the solder points were, but I am getting nothing.  I guess i could look at the actual seat though.

elkhunter
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2008 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  

thats how i would do it. i would also wire them like this.

relay for heated seats -- posted image.

wyelkhunter 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2008 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
the switch would work, i just haven't figured out how to send a single 12v pulse to it.  on the one solder point, it has 12v with the key on, the other point has about 1v on it, until you hit the switch, then there's a quick 12v hitting it and then back to 1v.  does that for hi, low, off.  i may just have to rewire everthing down to the seats and try it that way, probably would be easier.....
elkhunter
alaskanoob 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:

thats how i would do it. i would also wire them like this.

relay for heated seats -- posted image.

How would I need to wire it up for two seats? Would I need to diode isolate? if so, how would it be wired.
Also would I be able to wire it up so that the heated seats would automatically come on when the car is remote started?
alaskanoob 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
^^sorry forgot to add, I am specifically asking about a 2000 Honda Odyssey EX model.
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  

alaskanoob wrote:
How would I need to wire it up for two seats? Would I need to diode isolate? if so, how would it be wired.
Also would I be able to wire it up so that the heated seats would automatically come on when the car is remote started?

IF you were going to wire it like this for 2 seats, you would need 2 relays. one for each seat. you can wire them to be on every time you use the remote starter if thats how you want it, although its much nicer to be able to turn them on when you choose.

kassdog 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2009 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
Only advice is that instead of hooking it up to the gwr wire, I would hook it up to a aux wire if it comes with one(not familair with the model), otherwise when you use it in the summer your going to be sitting on some hot seats.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic