icon

python 950, 03 ford powerstroke

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2008 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
the first thing i was thinking of trying is: remove the battery from the remote, then unplug only the antenna from the brain for 10-15 seconds, then plug it back in and reinstall the battery in the transmitter.
w_huisman 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2008 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
Alrighty. I'll give it a go. Looks like the top connector on the left side in this pic..
python 950, 03 ford powerstroke - Page 2 -- posted image.
Python 950 Remote Starts in our
00 Chrysler Town & Country, and
03 Ford F250 6.0L Powerstroke
w_huisman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2008 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
FIXED!
I climbed under the dash and unplugged the antennae from the brain. To make more room for me to fit down there, I pushed in the e-brake pedal. After waiting nearly a minute, I plugged the antennae back into the brain and put the battery back into the remote. Low and behold, she started up with the remote!
So then I thought I would drive my truck back to work and the first thing I did was release the ebrake pedal. The second I did that, the truck shut down and the lights started flickering again, so I was right back to where I was before. Quite discouraging.
I climbed back down under the dash to get a better look at the ebrake assembly. There was a black wire that was getting pulled by the assembly when the ebrake was released. I found where this wire was grounded to the wall, and it had very nearly pulled out of it's crimped o-ring connector! Once I re-routed and regrounded the wire, everything is fine.
If it weren't for the fact that you encouraged me to climb under the dash to unplug the antennae from the brain, and that I pushed the ebrake pedal to make room for myself under there, I/we would still be scratchin my head on this one.
Thanks a million Keeler!
w_huisman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2008 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
PS- That's what I get for letting someone else do the install.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2008 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
WOW! cool how that one worked out. no problem by the way. when you went to do the stop and go take over you must have set the e-brake then before you got out of the truck huh? thats when all your trouble started.
w_huisman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2008 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah...
I think after failing at the valet take-over on the first attempt, I must have thought that the ebrake may need to be engaged... or something like that anyway.
It's unbelievable how important just one of those 87 wires are for that system. Although, as crazy as the system was acting, I'm not the least bit surprised it was a ground issue.
w_huisman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
I'm a casual joe who just bought a new bitwriter so I can tweak the wait to start times on my diesel depending on the season. The 15 second minimum is just too long!
However, the bitwriter won't communicate with the my system, which is a Python 950 (remote start only). The Bitwriter says "for DEI systems ver 1.2" when I turn it on. Then when I hit the read button it says "not a valid system".
I don't know how to determine if I need a firmware update on my bitwriter, or if my 950 is just too old of a system (however, the 950 instructions say it's supposed to communicate with a bitwriter).
In case it is just too old of a firmware, I went ahead and bought the version 2.6 chip. Should be here in a couple of days. However, I hope it comes with installation instructions. It looks like I have to take the bitwriter case apart to install it, and it appears to come with a 4-wire harness that I have no idea what to do with.
Any advice or answers to my questions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Wade
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2008 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
it will tell you on the instalation manual which version is required and version 1.2 is way too old. bitwriter chip upgrade is pretty simple. just unscrew the back cover and you will see the old chip, it looks just like the new one just make sure you put the new one in the same way and you should be good as gold
w_huisman 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2008 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks soundnsecurity! You're right. It said in a tiny little footnote at the bottom of the table of contents that I need version 2.2 or newer. I've got version 2.6 coming, so I should be good to go.
Thank you!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic