icon

terrible noise in system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rival904 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2008 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  

Ok so I had worked up a new system for my truck...

2 Powerbass XL-12D

Powerbass 1000.1

keeping my 600.4 and other items. All this stuff came in wendsday or so, and we started on box, pulled both the seats out and my center console, I had remembered to check my main 4GA going back to my YellowTop in the cab, it had a short in it, so I cut off the bad strand of wire, and then realized it was now to short to hook back up to my yellowtop.

Anyways, we finished the box, 1.5cu.ft per sub, downfired. I go very low on the gain to let the subs break in, but its still stupid loud for a 2004 F150 single cab. The next day rolls around and we pull the seats again to re-run my main power wire so I can charge my yellowtop. Once everything is all back together, I have a horriable static noise with some engine noise combined. First thing I do is go out and buy a 40 dollar set of stinger RCAs, and just lay them over everything back to the amp to the headunit. Issue is still there. I figured Id reground my headunit, so when I unhooked the ground from the unit, it stays on. At this point Im like wth?!?

AFter some more troubleshooting and re running all new wires to the headunit, the problem is still there, I unhook my ipod adapter on my eclipse unit and it shuts off, so I found the ground loop. Then I grab my buddys headunit, and put it in, same issue. It has gotten worse at this point very distorted, not even worth listening to, before it wasnt noticeable but just enough to wiz me off. So we go grab a Walmart TIS 4channel and hook it up, crystal clear music. im pretty upset at this point, Im out a headunit and a 4channel(both under warrenty to my knowledge). So I leave the Walmart 4channel hooked up, and I decide to call it a night, I get no more than 30 seconds down the street and I blow the walmart 4 channel up. :(

So I pulled everything, headunit and the powerbass 4 channel. Now I am without music for a month give or take a week.

What a horriable night. And to top it all off, my windsheild wipes stopped working the same night

2004 F150 STX 4x4
Eclipse CD3100
(4) Pioneer TS-W3001D4
Powerbass 3XL 6x8
Powerbass 600.4
rival904 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2008 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged  
Eclipse CD3100 w/ iPC-106
2004 F150 STX 4x4
Eclipse CD3100