icon

most spl least amount of money

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dangerous10k 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2008 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  

i have 2 kicker cvx 12's in a box which is 5 cubic feet and im wanting something that hits harder what is the best round 12's for spl i can get???

the amp is rated at 1400 watts rms at 2 ohms i have it running 1 ohm it has 4 40amp fuses, if i change to a 240 amp altenator do you think i will get more watts out of the amp or no im thinking about keeping this amp and gettin some subs that are something like 1500 watts rms each using this amp to power one and gettin another one that is similar power for the other 12 any advice,

also will those digital designs 6.5's work in a qlogic kickpanel for a mustang or is that enough cubic feet for them??

ragsports 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2008 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  

Typically Q-logic kick pannels can only fit 5 1/4 and smaller component sets.  What brand amp are you running and what is the model number of the amp?  Also what is the model number of the crv's?

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 09, 2008 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
what amp do you have?
dangerous10k 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
the sub amp is a jbl gto1400.1 if i was to get digital design 6.5s i would get a third amp probally a soundstream
ianedward1 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  

Well if you dont want to spend alot of money you could go with something like the Audiobahn Flame Q's 1208T ($249) but you would need that second amp and you would probably lose SQ. Another option would be the Soundstream T-5 ($199). I have heard good things about its power and sound clarity but couldnt exactly tell you how it would stack up against the CVX. MA Audio does a good job on SPL with their HK12X2 ($229) but again you would need another amp. Or you could take this approach and buy 1 Pioneer Premier TS-W5102 ($649) and be dropping extremely high SPL levels.

(online prices)

Head Unit - Pioneer P80MP
Sub - 1 10" Soundstream T-5
Amps - 1 Kicker KX400.1, 1 Legacy crap 2 channel
Door Speakers - Audiobahn 600V Components
Box - Custom by Southern Sound in Statesboro, GA
ragsports 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2008 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
The amp you are reffering to is not 1-ohm stable.  You are risking damaging that amplifier. you can only run it at 2 or 4 ohm.  4 ohm will produce 1200 rms and 2 ohm will produce 1500rms.  As far as spl goes have you ever looked into audiopulse subwoofers?  The audiopulse revo series are right at 1500 RMS, and if you want spl but still want to retain some sound quiality this is the way to go.  Now you would have to get another amp and run each at 2 ohms to produce 1500 watts.  Also if running 2 of thoes amps you will want to upgrade your big 3, as well is put in that high outout alternator you were talking about previously.  Like i said before thoes image dynamics will not fit in a Q-logic kickpannel.  They only fit up to a 5 1/4 component set.. Also want is your budget?  We could help you pick out something much easier that way.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic