icon

best toyota bypass kit?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
northern 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2008 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
I have been using PKT2 or XK05 for Toyota's in our shop for a few years now. However I am tired of running 2 or 3 wires to the engine bay or to the passenger kick panel (behind the glove box for the IMI and IMO wire and sometimes the Security light) for most vehicles. What bypass kit can you use to do these vehicles using the TX + RX wires and where can I buy them from in bulk? I currently buy from bypasskit.com and astrostart.
jmsounds 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2008 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  

i use keyoveride sl2 by crimestopper and they work great and you only need to acces the wires at the ingnition colum very easy to program  and you can buy them from any supplyer that does alarms

this kits are multi use you can use them for all toyotas lexus and all ford products

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 12, 2008 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
756T   from DEI... it's a Fortin piece but i don''t know their Fortin part #.......  RX/TX at the Ign switch and done....  takes 5 minutes to hook up....  and no cutting and resplicing like Idata...
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2008 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
The new directed PKALL module will also do that too.  Idatalink also has modules that will do it that way.
dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2008 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
XK 05 is the right way to do it is interrupting the immobilizer not shorting out the immobilizer that's the best way the other modules just short out the immobilizer system during RS at the long run this would cause a filer in the system
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 12, 2008 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
XK05: Big lousy timewaster. I've seen some co-workers suffer through installing those things but I've managed to avoid them altogether.
(I think on some of them you even have to run wires under the hood!)
Various products from ADS (idatalink.com): Much, much better. I think it's a few splices, and one wire you have to interrupt, at the key cylinder. Some of the modules have to be flashed for the correct car first.
Fortin (ifar.ca): This is the best one for Toyotas. Only three splices to the car (RX, TX, and keysense), no ignition wire to hook up, no factory wires to interrupt. And you don't have to flash the module first, either.
Their KEY-OVERRIDE-SL2 works great, and is my first choice for non-pushbutton Toyotas. Their KEY-OVERRIDE-ALL is equally good, but justs costs a few dollars more, because it works on a lot of other cars too.
P.S. If you're doing a push-to-start Toyota, the module to use the is the KEY-OVERRIDE-ALL. It's the only module that doesn't require you to cut the car's brake wire, and the instructions are already included in the package.
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2008 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

Dtk1

Sorry but i think your statement is totally off base.

Somebody came on here a couple weeks ago and advise not to use the white wire at the cluster.

As there is to much data or crap like that.

Truth is that white wire at the cluster is the same wire you tag at the pcm , gives 0 to your credabilty.

So with that being said question one why is bypasskits now selling these pieces?

Number two if they just short out the transponder why do you need to program it before it works,

By the way i do starters for the local toyota dealer i use the keyoverride and have had 0 failures,

and i can say i have had 0 failure on fords to.

So may i ask what do you have to say now?

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2008 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  

Ok this is my 2cents

XK05----Is a waste of time but works.... has its issues with certain vehicles though.  Wires have to be interrupted and if module is unplugged then the car won't start.

KEYOVERRIDE----Works great but have had issues with certain 08-09 Toyota Vehicles.  Module did program but still did not do the remote start.  It was then confirmed by Fortin when I called.

ADS-AL-CA----To me it is exactly the same as the KEYOVERRIDE but a small difference and that is with the TX Wire.

In the Fortin piece you just tag the Tx wire, RX wire  as well as the keysense.  The idatalink you have to actually run the TX wire in series with the module but guess what....According to Idatalink this is what the manual states"

"The reason we do so is to prevent electrical damage to the immobilizer module. Leaving the wire uninterrupted for the programming procedure forces the module to short-circuit the immobilizer, which is highly undesirable.Fortunately, this interruption is only necessary during the programming procedure. Thus, AFTER THE PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE, you may dismantle the interruption, reconnect the two parts of the TXCT wire and keep only the GREY/RED wire connected to it."

So in reality the Fortin piece and the idatalink should end up THE SAME.  I bet that you can actually cut the tx wire and wire the key side TX to the TX connection of the Fortin module and it will program.  You can then reconnect the other side and go about the install.

BTW in most newer Toyota cars you can disable the factory alarm witht the key sense wire.  If im not mistake.. the Fortin and Idatalink module does it too.  Not only does it do it to program but it also gives a "ground while running" signal to the key sense.  Therefore it shuts off the factory alarm.  I think that saves time as well doesn't it?????

dtk1 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2008 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
robertsc wrote:

Dtk1

Sorry but i think your statement is totally off base.

Somebody came on here a couple weeks ago and advise not to use the white wire at the cluster.

As there is to much data or crap like that.

Truth is that white wire at the cluster is the same wire you tag at the pcm , gives 0 to your credabilty.

So with that being said question one why is bypasskits now selling these pieces?

Number two if they just short out the transponder why do you need to program it before it works,

By the way i do starters for the local toyota dealer i use the keyoverride and have had 0 failures,

and i can say i have had 0 failure on fords to.

So may i ask what do you have to say now?

am just gogin base on what i talk to with a few Canadian friends that happend to work for bypasskit so all I have to say is if your happy with using the module that you want to used and you think it saves time, money ect. then feel free best toyota bypass kit? -- posted image. I also used a few wizes from fortin as well as idata however i'v been using bypasskit for quiet a few now and am used to them best toyota bypass kit? -- posted image.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2008 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  
The Idatalink unit doesn't "short" anything. All it does is duplicate the key code and send that to the BCM when you RS the car. One unit does all Toyota and Fords with no programming...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic