icon

convert 05 pathfinder to push to start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rutcgr18 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2008 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  

So i just installed my viper alarm.  It dawned on me that now that i have th bypass moduale in stalled.  I was thinking about away with my keys.  I have a 2005 pathfinder. So this is my thought.  I would use a rfid moduale Link this is theory would flip a relay for the igniton as well as the bypass moduale.  Then just a push button to start the car.  Thoghts has this been done

hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 4:04 AM / IP Logged  
install a remote start system, use the activation input at one pulse, and wallah. have fun removing the steering wheel lock though. An alternative to using an RFID link, I saw someone once relocate their ignition cylinder antenna ring to the cup holder where they made a slit for their key head. Just got in the car, put the key in the cup holder, push the button, and wallah, automated ignition, then start.
If you really want to get fancy you can use aux linking and wait to start along with a relay to your brake pedal so it will only start by push button when you press the brake pedal after unlocking. Just a thought.
Maybe look into how much trouble it would be to change out the ignition cylinder with a knob style one like those in the newer Sentras with the intellikey. That would solve your steering column lock problem.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
rutcgr18 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  

I have remote start already in whe m viper 5701.  B ut onse started like what you were saying.  Once i touch the break wont the car shut off as if it was remote started instead of the ingition?

hurleyloser 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
ok, good point. How about this then, you can use 4 relays to create a latching 12v output to your ignition circuit https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#lsp. One press applies 12v to your ignition circuit, another press takes it away again. The feed from the button to the relays would be normally open, you can then use a RFID to close the feed so that when you have the RFID with you, you can turn ignition on, and off from that switch no problem. If the RFID is not present, the button will do nothing. Tap off of the 12v output to use another relay to "pulse" the activation input.
Then you wont have the ability to turn on your accessories separately though..
rutcgr18 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2008 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  

hurleyloser wrote:
ok, good point. How about this then, you can use 4 relays to create a latching 12v output to your ignition circuit https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#lsp. One press applies 12v to your ignition circuit, another press takes it away again. The feed from the button to the relays would be normally open, you can then use a RFID to close the feed so that when you have the RFID with you, you can turn ignition on, and off from that switch no problem. If the RFID is not present, the button will do nothing. Tap off of the 12v output to use another relay to "pulse" the activation input.
Then you wont have the ability to turn on your accessories separately though..

Ok so far so good.  Now that we have the ingniont on how do we start the car with the buttong?

hurleyloser 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2008 at 3:25 AM / IP Logged  
read that last part.. use the same button with a relay to pulse the activation input.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic