icon

problems with mp3s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drunkhydra 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2008 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
Having some problems getting about half of my Mp3s to play... I'll start with my setup.
97' Civic LX Sedan
Kenwood KDC-X692 receiver
Blaupunkt GTX-693 6x9s
Blaupunkt GTX-652 6.5s
Infinity Reference 1250w sub
Profile AP600 Amp
The main thing I wanted to accomplish here was to get rid of CDs, I have a 80 gig 2.5" external HDD plugged into the USB on my receiver, It works fine except for some reason its only recognizing about 1/2 of my music files, It displays the folder containing the files, (such as *-Modest Mouse: Lonesome crowded west*) but it will not open the folder.
I have weeded out every file that is not an MP3 in all of the folders, and made sure they are all mp3s...(some had playlist files, some had album art ETC.) *reciever will not play m4ps unless an IPOD is used*
I cannot find any rhyme or reason why It does not play these files. Im starting to think that maybe the HDD is damaged? any ideas?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2008 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure about the Kenwood but I know that many head units that have USB inputs are designed for use with memory sticks, and can only work with single-platter hard drives (if they recognize hard drives at all.)  It your HD has dual platters that may be why it's not working.
Support the12volt.com
lnhiv 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2008 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
The HU may also have a size recognition limitation, i.e. it can only recognize XX gigs of memory on the storage device...similar to how windows xp can only recognize 3.5gb of ram even if you install more than that.
2003 Chevy Cavalier coupe
memfus_boi 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2008 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
i had the same problem but make sure your HDD is formatted to FAT32 and u may/may not need to add some partitions to it, but if u dont know what im sayin ask a computer tech they know what im sayin
If I'm to loud, then you're too old!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic