icon

2007 mustang aps997a w/dei 529t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bugstang 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2008 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  

Hello everyone.  I have a few questions that i know you guys can answer...Hopefully..lol

Okay...im installing a APS997A alarm and remote starting unit in my 2007 Ford Mustang.

It is a manual and I know everyone is going to say not to, but I am well versed with the dangers of having it installed and I have had a remote start installed on my manual vehicles for some time.  that being said, im really unsure of some of the connections to make.  The big ones im not sure about are the Clutch connection, as I know my clutch needs to be pushed in to start the car.  how do i bypass this for the remote start.  Also the emergency brake connection (I want it not to start if emergency brake isnt on).  if there is some sort of connection showing that im in gear, I would like to know about it so i can use it to disable remote start while in gear.  I have installed car alarms before...its just been a long time and i want to make sure it all goes in right the first time.

My next question is, can I use the window unit from DEI for this alarm system...i think its the 529t.  If so...how do i make the connections and how will i program it . 

If its possible to tell me the laymans way ie. red wire on alarm to blue wire on the car/529 unit i would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for any assitance.

bugstang 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2008 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
Cant see a way to edit my post...but the model of the window unit is 530T..not 529
bugstang 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2008 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
I see now there is a unit for 40 bucks from Audiovox the ASXK04 ...will this take the place of hte DEI unit as well as the need to leave a key in the vehicle?
bugstang 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
Will this unit also make it so i dont have to bypass the clutch problem?
bugstang 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2008 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
Your questions in order:
1. The XK04 will take care of the transponder, yes. You do need two good existing keys to program it.
2. The 530T should have instructions included with it. Is there something specific you need to know about it?
3. If any of us answer your question about how to install an automatic-transmission remote start into a manual-transmission car, the moderators will close the post.
If you get a remote starter made for a manual transmission, their instructions include some basic information on how to interface with the clutch switch.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic