icon

what do you think of t1 subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chevy sounds 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
I ordered one t112" sub and one power series amp, I was wandering are these good quality and worth the money?
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
No to both questions. But you've already ordered them, so what will ANY of our opinions mean, really?
What is your goal?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
chevy sounds 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks I was just wandering Im getting them becuase I found a good deal on them the sub that retails for 300 im getting for 100 and the amp that retails for 900 im getting for 350... You think they are worth that much money atleast? haha
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
No. Seriously. That's STILL not a good deal. Are you getting a kiss, too? You are paying 450 times more than I think it's worth, for BOTH pieces. You'd have to pay me a hundred dollars to take it off your hands, and I'd turn around and sell it to some other hapless car stereo listener, desperate to get his hands on "The Good Stuff"; and because it USED to be only nothing better than OK, people simply don't know that it IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE, and it wasn't very good then. RF is mass-market garbage, today. Another PERFECT example of "what's in a name". Good luck with your purchase.
And as a final note, the word is "wondering", unless you are simply walking aimlessly about, but if you are doing that, I bet it's pretty tough to type an entry into a forum thread.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
chevy sounds 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
No. Seriously. That's STILL not a good deal. Are you getting a kiss, too? You are paying 450 times more than I think it's worth, for BOTH pieces. You'd have to pay me a hundred dollars to take it off your hands, and I'd turn around and sell it to some other hapless car stereo listener, desperate to get his hands on "The Good Stuff"; and because it USED to be only nothing better than OK, people simply don't know that it IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE, and it wasn't very good then. RF is mass-market garbage, today. Another PERFECT example of "what's in a name". Good luck with your purchase.
And as a final note, the word is "wondering", unless you are simply walking aimlessly about, but if you are doing that, I bet it's pretty tough to type an entry into a forum thread.

Ok thanks for your input... What subs would you sugest? Not looking for top of the line subs but just some nice quality ones I was thinking about looking into RE subs...

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
So Dave, what do you really think, and how about my bangin' azz Rockwood?  what do you think of t1 subs? -- posted image.
Support the12volt.com
haemphyst 
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:
So Dave, what do you really think, and how about my bangin' azz Rockwood? what do you think of t1 subs? -- posted image.
I know... My doctor says I swallow too much anger, (along with a lot of pizza!) so I've been trying to "release" a bit more... what do you think of t1 subs? -- posted image. Rockwood, Kenford, Rockford, Kenwood... What have you. Of that list, the Kenwood is "the best", I suppose, and mediocre at best in ANY respect! LOL Tryin' to pump out "every last mad deebee", eh, DYohn!?!?
chevy sounds wrote:
Ok thanks for your input... What subs would you sugest? Not looking for top of the line subs but just some nice quality ones I was thinking about looking into RE subs...
RE is certainly a better choice. You said you have already ordered the RF, though.   What's your budget? What's your final goal? Are you dead-set on that amp? How much space are you willing to give up?
chevy sounds 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
Well my friend was already on his way to pick it up for me but I told him to hold off on it... I am not looking to spend over 500 dollars right now just want an allright system not looking for the loudest or BEST quality. Was planing on either one 12" or two 10" subs. Going in a 77 Monte Carlo trunk which is pretty big im not worried about how much space it takes up for all I care I will sacrifice the entire trunk I will be building a fiberglass box for the subs.
spike131113 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
Rockford Fosgate is a bunch of garbage, no offense, but its some punk doodie.
Brandon Pieniozek

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic