icon

power door locks 96 civic dx coupe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rpmbxdj 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone.. I posted a here about a year ago asking about how to put in Power Locks on my 1996 Honda Civic DX Coupe. My Ride is unique, when I bought it approx 18 mos. ago the previous owner had put 2000 civic EX doors on the car, but DID NOT wire up the P/Windows or P/Locks or Speakers for that matter. After a week of blazing heat and NO A/C, I hooked up the Power Windows but left the Locks for later. I started on the locks last week and started wiring up the OEM Lock Module. I wired up the GREEN/ WHT wire(which is connected to a fused source) There are 2 more wires that I tapped into but I have not connected to the passenger Door yet. One is Yellow/Red Stripe the other is WHITE/ Red Stripe. BTW I also have installed a AutoPage RS-900 alarm hooked up to the car. My question to anyone who knows about this: Why does my driver's door only LOCK when I hit the switch on that side? When I hit unlock. I hear a click inside the door , but the door does not UNLock(I have do it manually. I assumed since I provided power to the OEM Lock module via the WHITE/ Grn Stripe wire, the Driver Side door would lock and unlock respectively, but it only Locks. Is that because I have to wire the remaining two wires to the passenger door in order for the UNLock to work? Any help or suggestions will be grealy appreciated.
Thanks, Ray
Honda 4 Life!
DJ 4 Life!!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
All I can tell you is that WHITE/ red is lock motor wire and WHITE/ yellow is unlock motor wire.White green is the power source and they go to a module in the drivers door.
rpmbxdj 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, I know what the wire color functions are. But I want to know if my driver side door is not unlocking with the switch becuz these wires are not connected to the passenger door wires. Right now my driver side Oem lock control module is connected only to the power source and the door only responds to Lock.
Honda 4 Life!
DJ 4 Life!!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2008 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry been unable to get back to you but as factory original there was no motor in the driver's door, it (the key simply switched a relat in the driver's door which powered the pasenger side door motor). Just add an actuator to the driver's side, that's what we used to do. On that relay there are a blue and I think  blue/white thin wires. Just ground each one in turn and this will lock and unlock the passenger side. These are your negative trigger wires to go to the alarm/keyless entry etc. Then wire the actuator to the white /red and yellow /red wires coming from that relay. 
rpmbxdj 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2008 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Howie
Thanks for the reply dude. Why do I need to add an actuator to my driver side door? Doesnt the Factory door come with one (2000 EX)? If I do this should I just add an actuator to the passenger side as well?
Thanks
Honda 4 Life!
DJ 4 Life!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic